Chapter One

June 27th 2021

Michael

It was a cold winter’s day in London; normally couples just stay inside drinking hot chocolate and snuggling on the couch but as for me and my wife Haley we play in the snow like little kids since it’s always been a tradition for us. You could say we had a typically romance; I was the annoying frat boy who would try to get her attention.

“Come on Haley or else it will be summer by the time we get out there” I yelled out to her, she was taking forever to get dressed just to go out.

“Michael, are you sure were not getting too old for this”? She asked walking down the stairs; I walked over to Haley wrapping my arms around her.

“Haley stop worrying what other people think” I gave her a kiss on the head grabbing her hand walking outside “Plus Ashton does this as well” I told her opening the door.

“Yeah but Ashton has a kid” she told me shutting the door behind her while I ran to the snow making a snowball.

“Yeah what’s your point, Ashton may be the oldest but that doesn’t stop him from being a kid, now come over here and have a snowball fight with me” I said chucking the snowball up in the air then catching it. Haley smirked making a snow ball and then throwing it at me.

I was madly in love with my wife; we’ve been married for almost a month now and have been living in London ever since the end of college, making the wild choice to leave Australia and move to London starting our lives together. We were both lying in the snow making snow angels laughing at each other

“Michael some of the neighbours are looking at us” she told me, I sat up looking at her

“And you know what they are saying”? I said

“What”? She asked sitting up while I sat closer to her

“They are saying wow I wish we could be as cute as that amazing hot couple kissing in the snow” I said, she raised an eyebrow

“But were not kissing”? I leaned in giving her a kiss on the lips soon pulling away smirking

“Still the charmer from college I see”

“And it worked on you”

“Whatever” she got up walking back inside and I wouldn’t be lying if I said I was checking her butt exactly like I did in college.

 - - -

When I walked back inside Haley came walking down the stairs holding a beautiful red dress that I brought for her. She looked up at me smiling

“Michael, what the hell”? She said

“Happy Birthday gorgeous” I said smiling holding my arms out ready for a hug, she ran down the stairs running into my arms

“I thought you forgot” she told me, I pulled away from her giving her a concern look

“Why the hell would I forget your birthday that’s just rude, now I got that dress for a reason because I’m taking you out”

“Where”

“That my beautiful wife is a surprise” I told her giving her a quick kiss, walking upstairs hoping to give Haley the best birthday tonight.

 - - -

I was by the door waiting for Haley once again to be ready to take her to her surprise. I kept looking at my watch thinking were going to be late.

“Come on Haley” I yelled, I looked at the stairs seeing Haley wearing the red dress I got her with the black heels that she loves and as always she looked stunning.