Chapter Nineteen

When I arrived at the house later that night I noticed no one was really home which gave me time to take a bath and think about what happened today and how I don’t want to tell Michael knowing it was a mistake.

“Is anybody home”?! I yelled out walking upstairs; I heard a door open upstairs soon hearing Michael’s voice

“Yeah just come into your room” he yelled

“My room” I said running upstairs seeing Michael with a rose in his hand wearing sweat pants and band shirt.

“What’s this”? I asked not looking at my room yet since he shut the door

“Okay so I want to bring back a memory that happened in college and it was date and I kind of stole this idea of Ashton but you said it was such a nice date so I’ve turned your room into a little movie theatre and we can watch all your favourite movies while eating Ben & Jerry’s” he said smiling then he opened the door seeing bean bags on the floor with pillows and snacks all ready to go with the TV set up.

“Michael this looks amazing so I’m guess we also have to get into a jammies”? I asked

“Yeah that’s a part of the date” he said smirking

“Oh so it’s a date” I said walking in my room waiting for Michael to tell me it wasn’t but instead he said

“Yep it’s date and one that you loved back in college, now get changed and tell me when you’re done” he said shutting the door behind him; Michael put a lot of effort into this date and it made me happy to see how much he did love me making me forget about the Zac accident.

I opened the door to let Michael in who was on his phone he looked up smiling at me walking over to my room coming inside.

“So what movie would you like to watch first”? He asked

“Well maybe before we watch a movie we talk about things so I can get to know more about you and I know I keep saying that but we’ve been together for 6 years now and there has got to be more about you” I said wanting to go into detail about Michael.

“Alright sit down and you can ask any question you want”? he said taking a seat

“Okay um have you ever cheated on me and not tell me”? I asked

“Nope if I cheated then why would I marry you?”

“Right” I said looking down

“How many fights have we been in”?

“Uh three times and normal it ends with make-up sex which I should mention you always start” he said smirking

“Oh come on you would have at least done it once” I said

“Fine I only started it once but the rest was you” I had one more question and I wanted him to be completely honest with me

“Michael I have one last question and you have to be honest” I said

“Sure go ahead ask away” he said putting his ice cream down

“Do you still love me even though I lost my memory”? Michael laughed a bit and looked back up at me

“I still love you Haley; you remember the movie the vow right”? he asked; I nodded my head remembering that was my favourite movie to watch “Well we watched it back in college you sat me down and I watched it with you and you asked if that ever happened to us would you give up and I said no I wouldn’t give up at all and I would try my hardest for you to remember me because that’s how much I love you” he said smiling; my heart was pounding a million times happy to hear this.

“You’re such a sweet guy Michael I do wish I could remember you” I said looking down at my ice cream again but Michael lifted my chin staring at him.

“It may not be now or it may not be in a couple of weeks but you will somehow get your memory back and I will stand by your side, now let’s watch a movie” he said getting up handing me movies, I noticed the fault in our stars and handed it to him “Really this movie; you made me watch it and I cried like a little baby”

“Aw come on you should I could pick” I said pouting

“Right I’ll put it on” he said putting the movie on sitting on the bean bag while I was sitting on the other one. If I wanted to start falling for Michael like I did once I had to start showing interest in him so I got up grabbing a blanket and sat on the massive bean bag with him letting him put his arm around me while I rested my head on his shoulder.  

 - - -

The movie ended and I looked up seeing Michael tearing up while I was a mess it gets me every time that movie. Michael looked down at me grabbing a tissue and wiping the tears

“Thank you” I said

“That’s okay” he said still getting rid of the tears; I just stared at his perfect eye colour soon bringing my eyes down to his lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck leaning in closer to finally connect my lips with his; this time I felt that spark between us having butterflies and fireworks inside me. Michael pulled away leaving me confused.

“Haley as much as I like kissing you again; you don’t have to do this for me”  

“No I want too” I said bringing my lips to his again as I sat on his lap kissing him for what felt like ages. I found the spark between Michael and I and that made me happy.