Chapter Seventeen

Today was the engagement party which meant many of friends and family I had never met before were coming and Haley knew them so maybe I’ll just stick around with her. I was fixing my tie in the mirror not doing it right remembering Haley always did it so I opened my door walking across the hall to her knocking on the door.

“Who is it”? She answered

“It’s me” I said

“Come in it’s open” I opened the door seeing Haley turning around wearing a violet dress with black high heels.

“You look beautiful” I said eyeing her up and down

“Thank you sir now let me guess you’re having trouble with your tie”? She asked and I looked down looking back up nodding my head.

“Alright come here” I walked over to her while she did my tie

“So listen I was hoping I could hang around you because I don’t know anyone and I’m nervous” I told her

“Of course you can and I’ve got lots of people you will get on with; now stop being nervous” she said kissing me once again on the cheek.

 - - -

I was walking around with a beer in my hand with Haley by my side having people talk to us and finding out about the accident; these people were so different to my friends since everyone was posh and lived in this part of town.

“Michael you’re doing so well” Haley told me

“I am that’s good to hear” I said drinking my beer

“Just stop being nervous and everything will be fine”

“Can I have a kiss on the cheek it helps” I said pointing to my cheek; she rolled her eyes getting on her tippy toes about to kiss my cheek until some strange thick British accent spoke up.

“Haley White” Haley turned around and I looked behind her seeing a man in fancy tux with his hair slick back and holding a beer in his hands.

“Zac Anderson” Haley said sounding like a sixteen year old fan girl showing her future husband and saying his name in a dreamy voice.

“I haven’t seen you since you ran off” Zac said walking up to Haley pulling her into a hug twirling her around.

“Gosh apparently it’s been so long” she said

“Yeah you look beautiful like always” he said now playing with her hair and she was staring at him like she was in a day dream. I cleared my throat to get her attention which luckily it did. Haley turned around seeing me standing there

“Oh Zac this is Michael Clifford” she said, I shook his hand smiling at him

“I’m her husband, so yeah remember that her husband” I said almost yelling to get into his mind but Haley shook her head at me making me stop.

“Right Mr. White was telling me how Haley married some guy some college who is now a music producer which is cool mate good on you”

“What do you do now”? Haley asked her full attention on me

“I’m a CEO and I make lots of money and we are pretty successful” he said bragging about it.

“I’m going to go get a drink” I announced walking away from them two getting a drink. I poured myself a drink looking over at Haley talking to Zac which made me feel insecure a bit which never happens; her ex was a rich CEO that was more suitable for Haley as it seems but I was rich as well.

“I see Haley’s met her ex” said Matthew standing next to me

“Yep I should leave now and just give up since his in the picture again” I said taking a sip of my drink

“Michael listen to yourself that’s exactly what my dad wants to hear and I know how much you love my little sister you treat her right unlike Mr. Shit head over there flirting with her” he said annoyed

“Wait you don’t like Zac”? I asked surprised

“No I kept telling Haley to break up with him but she didn’t listen until she final realised what a dick he is when she found him in bed with Haley’s ex best friend Quinn but luckily Quinn’s left Liverpool; now get back over there and stop your wife from getting back together with that dick” he said pushing me over; I walked back over to Haley and Zac who were still talking.

“So Michael have you met any famous people and become best friends”? he asked probably thinking I haven’t

“Actually I have I’m friends with all the members of one direction and all time low and also I’ve met Nick Minaj and plenty more”

“Oh that’s great to hear at least your part of a successful record business and not a lame one hate for that to happen” he said smirking; I didn’t like him and I knew he was a part of Mr. Whites plan to get rid of me and that wasn’t happening. 

- - -

And here comes Zac fucking everything for Michael and Haley (DRAMA!) and it's all thanks to Mr. White (Haley's Dad)

Zac is played by Andrew Garfield :)