Chapter Eleven

Michael

I woke up the next morning completely butt naked not thinking straight; I opened the door walking down the halls to the kitchen rubbing my eyes seeing Haley sitting there looking at the newspaper.

“Morning” I said

“Morn” before she finished her sentence after looking up her eyes widen “Oh my gosh Michael” I noticed her looking at my junk and that’s when it click; she forget about seeing it making me blush covering it up.

“Shit, I’m so sorry it’s just became a habit since we got used to living together” Haley laughed while I turned around walking to the main room to get dressed.

 - - -

When I came back out Haley was sitting on the counter looking at the newspaper again, she noticed me walking back in smirking.

“I see you found some clothes” she said

“I see you have my favourite shirt again” I said smirking back, Haley looked down at the shirt she was wearing looking back up at me.

“Shit I’m sorry it was the only thing I found comfortable and it was in my wardrobe” she said

“Listen its fine; I have so many band shirts and you steal that one all the time”

“Oh okay; so what’s my daily routine”? She asked putting the paper down; while I walked over to the toaster.

“Um well before we both go to work we go to our café and then we part ways and you go to the dance studio to teach your students and then I go down to my studio to my work”

“Oh so why is it our café”? She asked

“I don’t know we started going there a lot and you claimed it our café”

“Alright fair enough; so you want to go to the café and take me to the dance studio”

“Are you sure you want to go to the dance studio because they do know what you’ve been through”

“Oh maybe if I can visit in a couple of days; maybe I could stay with you today if you don’t mind” she asked; it wouldn’t be the first time that happened.

“Sure”

“Alright well you might want to get dressed because it is a cold day” I told her grabbing my jumper. She jumped down from the bench walking into the room to get dressed while I went in the car waiting for her.

 - - -

We walked into the café seeing the owner Penny walking over to us smiling.

“Michael, Haley it’s good to see you again; would you like the usual”? she asked; Haley looked confused and I remembered Penny had no idea about the accident. I turned around to Haley and said

“Why don’t you get a seat; while I talk to Penny” she nodded taking a seat and I turned around to Penny.

“What’s wrong Michael”? Penny asked

“Penny I’m just telling you that Haley and I got into a car accident causing Haley to lose her memory only remembering finishing high school and that’s it”

“Oh I’m so sorry to hear that; so would you guys like the usual as always”? She asked

“Yeah that would be great thank you Penny”

“Anything for my favourite couple” she said pinching my cheek and walking away; I turned around taking a seat with Haley.

“So who is Penny”? Haley asked

“Well Penny owns this little café since she was own age and she helped you out a bit when no one gave you a chance for a job” I told her; Haley smiled at herself and looked up at me

“That was nice of her” She told me

“Yeah it was” I said to her

 - - -

After we had breakfast we drove down to the studio entering in the doors seeing Zoe behind the desk doing work on her computer, she looked up at me smiling but the smile soon faded when she saw Haley beside me.

“Hello Mr. Clifford” she said looking back at me “Good to have you back”

“Thank you Zoe; do I have any clients today”?

“Yeah but that’s not until twelve” she said; she turned her head and I turned around seeing Haley looking at all the records “So how’s your wife”? Zoe asked knowing she wasn’t really interested

“She’s getting better hopefully, come on Haley I’ll show you around” I said; Haley turned around nodding walking over she waved at Zoe and then I took her down to my office.

“So who’s the slut at the office; you haven’t cheated on me with her right”? She asked pulling me close, I rolled my eyes laughing at her.

“Don’t worry Haley you’re the only girl in my life that I’m in love with well besides my mum” I opened the door to my office and I walked over to my desk sitting down looking to see if there were paper work. Haley sat down in the chair in front of me looking around

“I have a question to ask”? She asked I looked up at her having my attention on her “Have we ever had sex in your office”?

“Yes many times”

“Oh wow I didn’t know I would do that”?

“Well it was your idea Haley” I said watching her eyes going wide

“There’s so many things I don’t know about myself these past couple of years, do you know I wasn’t going to get married until I was twenty nine or have a baby until I was thirty like Beyoncé” she said leaning back in her seat. “But listen since you told me our one month anniversary is coming up I think we should celebrate it I know it’s only a month of being married but it would be nice”

“I should probably mention on Friday it’s been six years of us being together”

“So wait we choose the date of the same day we started going out”?

“Okay I’ll explain on Friday is our six years together it marks the spot we got together which was September 18th so while we were planning the wedding you wanted to get married on the 18th so it was either July or August we would get married so you picked August and so both our anniversary of being together are both eighteen; I found it strange at first but I caught on”

“Gosh I’m so strange, but what do you say I mean I’m willing to celebrate it together”

“I would love too and I’ll try to make it special” I told her

“Good because I don’t want to be let down Clifford” she said with a smirk on her face, gosh I wanted to tell her that I loved her so much but I didn’t want to scare her or I just didn’t want to say it because I knew she wouldn’t say it back.