Chapter Sixteen

“Listen I’m sorry if my dad says something rude throughout this whole trip” Haley said while we were walking downstairs.

“Don’t worry about it his just worried that I may end up breaking your heart which I won’t” I said holding her hand and she let me hold her hand which made me happy. I noticed Matthew with his arm wrapped around his fiancée Julia while talking to their parents. Matthew noticed us walking downstairs smiling at the both of us.

“Haley come meet my fiancée” he said, she let go of my head walking over to them while I followed behind. “Haley meet Julia my fiancée” Haley pulled her into a hug and said

“I can’t believe my brother finally got married and you’re so beautiful; better than his ex-Gwen” she said making Julia laugh at her.

“It’s good to see you again Michael still looking handsome as always” she said giving me a hug

“It’s good to see you as well Julia” I said smiling back at her

“Still a music producer”? She asked

“Yep I had to push back all my meetings just to come here with Haley” I said smiling at her who was now talking to her father about something.

“So how is everything going since the accident”? I turned my attention back to Julia thinking about what’s been happening since the accident.

“She’s been getting better but I am still heartbroken about something’s” I said shoving my hands in my pocket

“Like what”? She asked

“Well don’t mention this to Haley because when the time is right I want to tell her but while there was the car crash she was pregnant and she didn’t even know causing her to lose the baby” I felt myself tear up once again thinking about the fact we were going to be parents.

“Michael its okay I’m sure you will get another chance but I want to warn you about something” Julia said dragging me away from the family who were still talking “Be careful of Mr. White since his daughter lost her memory forgetting about the fucked up things his done to this family he will try and control her life just like it was before she left and you know what his first mission is”? She asked

“To get me out of the picture” I said knowing he would it was obvious ever since I walked in those doors seeing her parents there it was probably her dad’s mission to get me out of her life and get his daughter back to Liverpool. A life that she hated.

“Hey what are you two talking about”? Haley said walking over to us two; Julia put an arm around me and said

“Oh you know just catching up getting to know your husband more” she said “Well I’ll leave you two alone” she said walking off while I was still thinking about Mr. White’s mission.

“Michael are you okay”? She asked holding my hand making me look up at her.

“Yeah but can I ask you a question”? I asked scared to what her answer could be causing my heart to break.

“Sure”

“If your dad told you that you have to break up with me because he didn’t like me, would you”? I asked

“You know what I would say and do” she said walking closer

“No what”? I said smirking

“Like I said Michael you deserve a chance and if dad wants you gone then I’m out of here as well because I trust you and it seems you are now my life along with new friends” she told me intertwining our hands together “But I do want you to know that I still want to take things slow and something’s I need to get use too”

“I know, I know Haley can I at least give you a kiss on the cheek, I mean it’s….” before I could finish she got on her tippy toes giving me a kiss on the cheek; she looked at me and said

“Chill out Michael alright just relax” she said walking off down the hall; maybe I could think positive and win back her heart knowing that some stupid ex fiancée named Zac will not be here to ruin things because who know what would happen?