Chapter Twenty Three

“MICHAEL”! I turned around seeing Haley standing there with her friends looking shock and I looked back at Zac who had a bloody nose. I looked back seeing Haley walking out the door and I followed.

“Haley, wait”! I said walking after her while she stormed outside

“What the hell were you think”?! She said still walking                                                        

“I don’t know that’s a really good question? Because I’ve been driving myself insane, making a complete ass of myself; I’m trying to save what we have Haley and while I’ve been keeping our relationship you’ve been throwing yourself at Zac” Haley turned around shocked

“Where did you hear that”? she asked

“Zac just told me “

“I did it once Michael and that was the day I was pissed at you because of the baby news and the first time he kissed me but I backed away because I remembered you; I remembered that I was married to some red head man”

“I don’t care Haley, I saw the way you look at him; I know because you use to look at me that way”

“Michael” she said

“No let’s be realistic; your memory isn’t going to come back and we should just forget this whole thing happen, to you I’m a stranger”

“I’m not trying to hurt you Michael; I just don’t like to disappoint you”

“I know” I said looking at the ground

“I’m sorry Michael” she said tears rushing down her face while I was keeping them in

“How to look at the girl you love and tell you it’s time to move on” I said finally but she kept quiet and that was my queue to walk away, her dad got his way he had won I was finally out of the picture.

“Michael” I turned around staring at Haley one last time “I hope one day, I can love the way you love me”

“You figured it out once and you can figure it out again” those were the last words I said to here before walking away giving up on the women I promised I wouldn’t give up on, this seemed like the end for Haley and I.

 - - -

Once my plane landed in London again, I walked into the empty house that was once shared by my wife and I looked at all the pictures on the wall wiping the tears away. I pressed my answering machine seeing if there were any calls.

Hey Michael it’s your mother I was wondering if you were still coming to Australia at all with Haley, if so can’t wait to see you.

I think it was time for me to return home so I picked the phone up calling mum hoping she would answer me.

“Hello” she said

“Mum” I said happily

“Michael; honey are you still coming to Australia”

“Yeah and I was wondering if I could move back in please just for a while until I figure something out”

“Of course what happen with Haley”? She asked

“I’ll explain it when I get home; I promise” it was time to move on from Haley and that meant leaving London until I figured out where I wanted to go next to produce bands and artists.

Haley

It was over between Michael and I; just when I thought things were getting better they weren’t and that sucked losing probably the best thing I had in my life. I got up the next morning feeling lonely that I didn’t wake up to that red hair I saw some mornings; I just saw red curtains. I walked downstairs seeing Matthew by himself eating toast.

“Hey shouldn’t you be packing for your honeymoon”? I asked

“Yeah but we don’t leave until later tonight so I’ll pack later now what’s this about Michael leaving” Matthew asked

“Michael found out that I’ve been with Zac and next thing you know he punched Zac”

“Oh finally; I never liked Zac and neither should you” Mathew said annoyed

“What’s so bad about Zac, I mean what did he do to me and what did dad do the family that made me hate him so much”

“I’m not going to talk about dad because that’s up to him to talk about it but Zac is horrible he was exactly like dad he was controlling you and broke your heart all the time and he slept with your best friend Quinn who now lives with someone else”

“Zac really did that” I said

“Yes and I’m your brother Haley you know I wouldn’t lie to you; Michael is the guy your meant to be with I mean when I met him I gave him a full on interview about how much he loves you”

“Good to know” I said

“Just don’t give up on Michael”

“I’m afraid it’s too late” I said hearing the door knock, I turned around walking towards the door soon opening it seeing the mail man. He handed me the mail and I noticed a letter that had my name written on it knowing this was Michael’s handwriting; Michael must have written it before he left.

Dear Haley

I’ve decided to go back to Australia to live with my parents again until I figure out what to do next but in the mean time I’ve sold our house and I’ve left things behind for you to keep.

I’m sorry xo

Michael xo

It seemed my relationship with Michael had now ended and here was no getting him back now.