Chapter Five

It was the next day and the only thing on Michael’s mind was kissing Haley last night but Haley didn’t feel the same way she loved kissing Michael but she just didn’t want anything to happen so quickly. Haley was sitting by the tree reading a book forgetting about everything around her. Michael noticed Haley under the tree running over to her sitting down next to her.

“Haley, exactly the girl I wanted to see” Michael said smiling, Haley put down her book and said

“Yeah I wanted to talk to you as well”

“Alright you go first” he offered

“Michael listen last night kissing you was great but I should tell you I’m just not interested in dating since it’s my first year in college and I’m just hoping we can be friends” Michael’s heart broke hearing her say the word friends.

“Oh, yeah that’s fine I guess”

“Michael I’m sorry”

“No I get, I better get going or else I’ll be late to class” Michael said getting up thinking he just lost his chance being with a girl he fell head over heels in love for but she should have known he doesn’t have a chance with a girl like her.

Michael

It felt like hours waiting for the nurse to return; two doctors walked in there making me even more worried. I noticed the nurse walking out the door looking at me I got up quickly wanting to know what’s wrong with her.

“What’s going on, why can’t my wife remember me”? I said in panic

“Follow me Mr. Clifford, away from the room” I followed her down the hall away from her room and she stopped me saying “Mr. Clifford your wife has lost memory of the past couple of years”

“What do you mean by a couple, she doesn’t even remember me”! I said not meaning to yell feeling tears running down my face.

“Sweet heart listen to me your wife needs time to relax and maybe one day she will have her memory back but for now you just have to deal with this alright, I’m so sorry”

“Can I least talk to her”? I asked the nurse nodded and I walked back into her room, seeing her still looking at her wedding ring; she looked up getting worried seeing me. “Don’t be scared, I just want to talk”

“About what” she said, I made my way to the seat sitting down

“What’s the last thing you remember, I know it’s a lot to ask but I’m just wondering”

“Um the last thing having a high school graduation party”

“High….High school but Haley that was nine years ago”

“Wow, really”! She said looking surprised

“So you really don’t remember me Haley” I said, she shook her head

“I’m really sorry you seem like a lovely guy, attractive I must add but I just need time to figure out what’s been happening in the last ten years” I nodded my head turning away walking out of the room running my hand threw my hair.

 - - -

I was sitting in the waiting room talking to Ashton, Calum and Luke about the situation.

“Well think of it in a good way” Calum said followed by Ashton giving him a smack in the head “Ouch, listen I’m just saying this is a chance for you to not mess up like you did at some point being together no mistakes”

“Calum you’re not helping” Luke said

“Fine I’ll just shut up” he said

“Its fine Calum made me laugh a bit” I told them both

“Look Mikey, if Haley doesn’t get her memory back think about the fact that you can fall in love all over again” Ashton told me

“And how I am supposed to do that”?

“I don’t know the same way you go her to fall for you the first time, if you can do it once you can do it twice”

“Right, I just hope she gets her memory back or falls for me again” Ashton padded my back making me feel better but it wasn’t helping at the moment my life was getting to a down point, my wife doesn’t know who I am and she doesn’t even know that we were going to be parents and I wouldn’t know how to tell her that if I ever got the chance too.