Chapter Twenty Five

Michael

I arrived in Sydney feeling the hot sun on my face was strange since I’ve been in London and it does get hot but not as bad as Australia. I saw my parents with a sign saying

Welcome Home Son! J

I ran over to my parents giving mum a big hug first and then dad.

“I’m so glad you’re home” mum said “And I’m sorry about Haley” she told me

“It’s fine I just need to figure out what I’m going to do next; I mean I could move back to London or stay here or go to America or I don’t know”

“It’s fine honey take as much time as you need; it’s just nice to have you home” mum said smiling; we walked outside walking to the car.

 - - -

I walked into my old room that I grew up in and the room that I stayed in with Haley when she came over for holidays. I put all my boxes down that I brought with me from my old house and put my bag down as well. I may have given Haley all the photo albums but I did keep some photos that I loved and I also kept the wedding video, but I wasn’t ready to watch it again.

“Michael” I looked up seeing mum walking in smiling

“I’m just telling you I’ve invited everyone over tonight for a BBQ; including all your friends” I said

“Yeah that’s fine” I told her

“Honey are you still upset about Haley”? She asked taking a seat next to me on the bed.

“Of course I am mum; Haley was the only girl I’ve actually been in love with”

“I’m sorry honey I know this is hard for you”

“I just miss her mum” I said resting my head on her shoulder tearing up

“Honey don’t cry”

“I’m not I just have something in my eye” I said now snuffling

“Whatever you say” Mum said padding my back.

 - - -

All of us were around the fire while the parents were talking in their own group; I was drinking beer while the couples were all cuddling with each other but I did have Aaron sitting on me.

“So why did you break it off with Haley”? Luke asked

“One word; Zac” I said taking a sip on my beer “But I did get to punch him which was pretty good and plus Matthew seemed pleased about that”

“Michael I should tell you something” Paige said sitting down

“What”?

“The other day Haley called me and I don’t know how but she remembered me; she told me everything she knew and she knows Aaron saying I wanted her to be the godmother”

“At least she remembers one of us” I said jealous that she remembered Paige but not me

“Michael look this is a good thing; she’s starting to remember things again”

“Good maybe she will realise how much of a mistake she made picking Zac” I said

“Michael; you can’t give up not now even if she lost her memory back in London I still saw that spark between you guys just like the first day of college” Paige said

“Sadly Paige things must come to an end and I’ve tried everything but she won’t remember me and I have to except that” I said putting Aaron down getting up walking inside.

The rest of the night was me with a carton of beer by the side of me with the door locked away from the world and watching my wedding video. I felt like such a girl but I didn’t know why I was crying actually yeah I did; I missed Haley and I made a big mistake but she was with Zac now and was happy and like I said I had to move on.