Chapter Ten

Today was the big day for Haley and Michael; they spent the last twenty four hours and only seeing each other once Haley walks down that aisle. Haley was looking in the mirror fixing her hair while her bridesmaids Paige, Naomi and Brooke.

“Guys how do I look”? Haley said looking the mirror trying to fix the dress; Paige noticed how nervous her best friend was and she walked over putting her hand on her shoulders.

“Haley stop getting all worked up you look beautiful and no matter what you wear Michael will still love you”

“Yeah Paige is right; I mean if you walked down the aisle naked who wouldn’t care” Brooke said turning around from the mirror.

“I think Michael would rather me walk down the aisle naked” Haley laughed but soon frowned knowing something was missing from the wedding and Paige noticed.

“Haley there’s something else on your mind”

“I just wish that my family were here to see me and one of them walked me down the aisle but I know they wouldn’t come”

“Well listen hun maybe a family member did come, maybe surprising you; you never know” Haley was confused but soon she noticed the door opening seeing her big brother Matthew walking in.

“Matthew”! She said trying to run over to him; Matthew wrapped his arms around his younger sister who he hasn’t spoken to for a while “I’ve missed you so much”

“I miss you too once Michael called me and invited; Julia and I hoped on the plane straight away to come see you”

“You’re still with Julia”

“Yeah and soon I’ll be purposing to her”

“Oh my gosh Matthew, that’s fantastic”

“But anyway today is you’re day and I was wondering if I could be the one to walk you down the aisle”?

“Yes you may walk me down the aisle” Haley told him giving him another hug happy to have at least one family member with her on her big day.

 - - -

Michael was in the other room walking back and forth running his fingers through his hair while Calum was sitting on the sofa and Ashton was helping Luke out with his bow tie.

“Michael you need to relax” Ashton said

“I can’t Ash, I’m getting married and I’m freaking out”

“But why, it’s Haley and nothing bad will happen” Ashton told Michael finishing off Luke’s bow tie walking over to him.

“I know, I know but I just have a feeling I’ll be standing at the end of the aisle waiting for her to arrive next thing you know someone tells me she’s got cold feet” Michael said sitting down

“Bro you watch way too many romance movies with Haley” Calum said smirking

“Shut up man, I’m sure when you get married you will be like this”

“That’s if he decides to get married and stop being Mr. Playboy” Luke said

“Well for your information last night I told Brooke I love her” all the boys gasped and Luke felt Calum’s forehead

“You feeling okay because you don’t ever tell the girls you like that you love them”

“Well Brooke is different and maybe I see a future with her” the boys all smiled knowing Calum wasn’t going to be Mr. Playboy anymore like he was in college and moving on. There was a knock on the door and all the boys turned around seeing the wedding planner smiling

“Who’s ready to get married”? He said with a smile, everyone looked at Michael and took a deep breath walking out to the event with her best friends.

 - - -

Haley was moments away from walking down that aisle with her older brother; the nerves were starting to kick in even more.

“You okay sis”? Matthew asked looking at his sister

“Yeah just really nervous”

“Everyone gets nervous on their wedding day but I’m telling you once you see Michael standing there waiting for you; you’re going to forget about them cold feet and the nerves will be gone and you will know why you wanted to marry him” they heard the music play and Matthew smiling linking arms with his sister “Now let’s get you married”

The doors opened and once Haley took a deep breath looking up she saw Michael in his tux with his groomsmen by his side. Michael was smiling like a dork seeing his soon to be wife walking down the aisle breath taken by her beauty and couldn’t believe he was lucky enough to be spending the rest of his life with her. Haley and Matthew reached the end and Matthew gave his sister a kiss on the cheek taking a seat as Haley took Michael’s hand smiling at him.

“You look gorgeous” Michael said wrapping an arm around Haley pulling her close as the priest spoke.

 - - - 

Later that night it was speeches the one thing Michael hated about weddings because he sucked at speeches and being the groom he had to write a speech. Luke, Calum and Ashton made a speech together and then Paige as the maid of honour did her speech and it was now Michael’s turn; he stood up walking over to grab the mic.

“Okay, let’s be honest I was shitting myself this morning I had cold feet but when I saw you walk down the aisle I forgot about those nerves and thought back to the day when you and me first met and our first kiss, Hales you’re the best freaking thing that’s ever happened to me and your amazing and so beautiful. I’m really crap at saying these things so for the last couple of weeks I’ve been writing lots of love letters, Ashton bring in the box” Ashton brought in a wooden box but it was locked “In this box is about 50 love letters but you’re not allowed to open unless we get into a massive fight or something bad happens and I’m going to be hiding it from you until the right time but anyway I love you Haley forever babe” Michael said raising his beer smiling at his wife she smiled holding up her wine glass.

“Forever” Haley mouthed to Michael and soon blowing him a kiss. 

- - -

So basically this was just a flashback chapter and the last flashback in this book the rest is just all in the present :) xo