Chapter Fifteen

We were driving back home quite among the both of us; I was wondering what’s going through her head she was so quiet after the dinner; me on the other hand had to find a way to go to Liverpool so Haley wouldn’t end up going along and coming back to London to tell me she found Zac and ends up with him.

“Michael” she finally piped up when we hit the traffic lights

“Yeah” I said looking at her

“I was just wondering why I didn’t invite my parents it just doesn’t make sense” she said leaning against the window.

“Haley you did invite your parents by letter but they didn’t show up which you thought was good because you couldn’t face them” I told her starting the car up again.

“That doesn’t make sense I love my parents well they were annoying but still what did they do to make me hate them”

“Listen Haley this is something I shouldn’t be talking to you about; that’s up to your parents to tell you”

“Right” she said thinking to herself again; I turned the radio up hearing Whitney Houston singing ‘I will always love you’

“Wow this song is old” Haley said laughing

“Well there is a fact behind this song about us” I said remembering back to that night

“Please tell me we didn’t have sex to Whitney Houston”? She asked

“No, no so basically the gang decided to go down to the new night club that opened up and short story me and Ashton got drunk singing this song to you and Paige”

“Aw cute” she said as I pulled up outside our house. Before I got out of the car Haley stopped me making me turned around looking at her.

“So you know how I was talking to the girls last night as in our friends”? she asked playing with her thumbs

“Yeah”

“Well maybe after my brother’s wedding we could both go have a trip to Australia and I can meet your parents all over again” she said sounding excited

“That sounds great but only if you’re up for it”

“Michael like the nurse said at the hospital; I have to get use to my daily routine and that routine is with you” she said holding my hand

“Okay after your brother’s wedding I’ll book a flight for us to go back to Australia” I told her; the smile on Haley’s face grew happy that I agreed to go back to Australia.

Couple Days Later…

We were all heading to Liverpool now and I was nervous this was basically my first time meeting all of Haley’s side of the family and them finding out the youngest daughter of the White’s family was married before the oldest sibling in the White family. The whole way to Liverpool Haley didn’t get much sleep since she was packing last minute and ended up sleeping on my shoulder. When we landed in Liverpool we jumped off the plane grabbing our suitcases walking down to the car or should I say limo. I noticed Haley huffing next to me and it was strange.

“Are you okay”? I asked

“Yeah this is just dad being typically dad; I don’t understand why he can’t get a normal car” she said picking her bags up walking over to the car. I walked over to her helping her with suitcases

“For the record whenever I had an award show to attend with one of my bands to support them you would come and get drunk and we hired a limo and you would poke your head through the roof screaming stupid things” I said; Haley giggled and was about to say something until Mr. White came over

“Come on we don’t have all day get in the car” he said picking the suitcases while Haley got into the car but I stood there

“Sir I know you don’t like me so why don’t we put everything in the past and be friends”

“I rather hate you” he said walking off getting in the limo with me getting in behind him.

 - - -

The car came to a stop in front of a huge mansion; Haley looked at her dad having a feeling that they moved once again.

“You moved again”? Haley said staring at her father

“Yeah and plus it’s big enough for the after party for the wedding and engagement party happening this Saturday and also I invited someone you may be happy to see” her dad told her; the door was opened and we all got out grabbing our bags walking inside the house. It was like a typically rich family home and I wasn’t surprised seeing it. I saw a dog running towards Haley noticing she was kneeling down to pat the dog.

“You’ve grown up so much blue you were a puppy the lost I remembered” I kneeled down in front of the dog and beside Haley.

“You named your dog blue”? I asked not knowing she had a dog

“Well yeah blue’s clues I loved that show when I was a kid and I wanted to name him after that show”

“Cute” I said smirking

“If you two are done having your sweet little moment let me show you your rooms” Mr. White said annoyed; we both stood up following him to our rooms. We walked down the halls and Mr. White opened the doors to one big room. Haley and I both walked in but he stopped me

“What do you think you’re doing Mr. Clifford”? I turned around raising an eyebrow

“Sharing a room with my wife”? I said

“Right and she’s also my daughter who doesn’t remember you so I suggest you grab your bags and go to the room across the hall” I picked my bags up walking past him to open the doors to a different room. I put my bags down sitting on the bed wanting to have a quick nap since I didn’t get sleep either and it was hard to sleep on the plane as well.