Chapter Twenty Two

Today was the wedding and I could tell Matthew was nervous as hell to be getting married and luckily I was there to calm him down.

“Guys tell me I’m making the right choice and I’m not making a mistake” he said turning around looking at us grooms; it was strange that I was a groom but it made sense since Haley was bridesmaid. Matthew reminded me of myself when I got married to Haley.

“Listen Matthew once you see Julia walking down that aisle everything will be fine and everything around you well you will forget about the people around you” I said to him

“Good to know” Matthew said playing with his hands. There was a knock on the door and the wedding planner walked in looking smart and kind of stressed out a bit.

“Okay is the groom ready to get married please say yes” she said

“Yeah I’m ready” he quickly finished his drink off and walked off with the wedding planner while we were behind him.

 - - -

We made it down to the garden waiting for the bridesmaids to arrive so we could go down the aisle then finally I saw Haley walking with the rest of the bridesmaids wearing beautiful peach colour dresses. These past couple of days Haley and I have been going out on dates and then soon coming back to her room to make out it was like college again.

“You look beautiful” I said to Haley once she made her way over to me

“Thank you” she got on her tippy toes giving me a kiss soon pulling away “And you look handsome” the wedding planner walked over handing the flowers to the girls and the music started for us to walk down the aisle.

 - - -

The wedding was beautiful and just seeing how happy Matthew and Julia were getting married made me miss the time when I married Haley. Everyone was taking family pictures while I stood in the back watching them; just seeing Haley happy with her family made me happy. We all headed back the house for the after party since it was big enough and Haley was on the dance floor with her brother having fun while I just watched her having fun. There was a slow song and Haley pushed Matthew over to Julia while Haley made her way over to me.

“You seem lonely and I want you to come dance with me” she said holding her hand out; I took her hand she took me to the dance floor and she turned around wrapping her arms around my neck while I wrapped them around her waist.

“I’m sorry if I step on your toes” I said

“It’s fine I kind of saw our wedding video and saw that you weren’t the best dancer but you still tired” she said

“I would try anything for you” I told her being cheesy.

“So listen I wanted to tell you something but I don’t think you will be too happy about it” she said

“Go ahead tell me” I said spinning her around

“So remember that day we had a fight because of the baby problem, well before that drama happen I got excepted into a university to be a lawyer”

“You hate lawyers Haley, you said so yourself I’m guessing your dad applied for you”

“Yeah he did but I have been thinking about and I’ve decided that I don’t want to stay in Liverpool I want to stay with you and go to Australia to meet your parents again and live with you in London because I’m willing to redo this relationship for who knows how long” she said

“Well maybe we could get married again but this time only a small wedding with a close friends and family” I said hoping she would like that idea.

“Well maybe we could have it in Australia just have it somewhere different this time”

“I love that idea” I said giving her a kiss. The song ended and bunch of friends and Julia grabbed Haley over to the song that was now upbeat while I made my way over to some place quiet looking at the view.

“I see someone needs somebody to speak too” I turned left seeing Mr. White with a beer in his hand walking over to me.

“I got to say Mr. Clifford I’m surprised you haven’t left yet” he said

“Well for your information Haley has decided what she wants and that’s with me and she’s not going to join the university to become something she doesn’t want to be; how could you your controlling your own daughter again when clearly she’s happy”

“I would shut your mouth Mr. Clifford” he said getting tensed

“No why should I? Listen you know if you truly loved your daughter you would have patched things up with her ages ago when we were dating but now that she has this memory lost you are taking advantages which is terrible and she doesn’t even like Zac anymore” I said

“Well if she didn’t like Zac then why would she be sneaking out with him or why would she be flirting with him or why would she be dancing with him right now while you’re here” he said with a smirk; I turned around seeing Haley dancing with Zac and they both looked up at each other and that’s when I saw how much she truly loved Zac because that was the way I looked at her and no one else.

“Enjoy the rest of your evening Mr. Clifford” Mr. White said taking his drink with him and walking off; I needed to sit down inside for a while and figure out what I was going to do.

 - - -

I was sitting on the sofa with people around me talking while I sat there scrolling through my phone depressed and wanting to talk to Haley about the Zac issue.

“Hey man; do you want me to introduce you to people”? I looked up seeing Zac smiling at me but I said

“No I’m fine just waiting for Haley” I said scrolling through my phone again

“Okay well you seem depressed as fuck just sitting here so thought I would help” he said walking past me

“You must be enjoying this right” I said looking up at him; he turned around looking confused.

“Enjoying what”? he said with a smirk on his lips knowing exactly what I was talking about.

“The fact that you have Haley wrapped around your stupid finger just like you did before she left and you don’t even care about how she’s married” I said having a fake smile on my face

“Well of course I do it’s like redo in life to have that perfect girl I fell in love with back in my life and getting her stupid husband out of the picture just like her father wants me too” he said putting his hands in his pocket; I got up walking over to him saying

“Well you know what I like is the fact that Haley told me everything you did to her and shit of a relationship it was and how she was blind when she fell in love with you and running away was the best part because it meant getting away from her rich jerk of a fiancée”

“Well did she tell you how a couple of weeks ago that she came to my office and kissed me and then after you she found out about the baby that I took her out and she made out with me or did she stop telling you that when she forgot who the hell you were” anger boiled inside of me trying to hold myself back.

“I get why your being such a dick it’s because you still love her and think that you can win her over again but the thing is she out grew you so what makes you think that won’t happen again”

“Thank you for that advice I will remember that when I’m in bed with your wife” that’s when I swung a punch at Zac making him fall to the ground hearing gasp all around. 

Remember Me || M.Cजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें