Chapter Three

When it came to lunch on Haley’s first day of college she found a quiet spot just drawing in her book but she noticed Paige running over sitting next to her and they talked about their classes together. They noticed Ashton with the boy with black hair earlier and other boy with black hair. Ashton got up on a table and took through a megaphone

“Fellow college students a new year is upon us and as the house that throws the best parties I say we shall party tonight for a new school year, your all invited”! The court yard cheered but Paige and Haley looked at each other

“Are we going to go”? Paige asked smiling, Haley rolled her eyes

“I don’t see why not”?

“Yes our first college party going to get wasted” Paige said

“Paige you sound like you skipped high school and just came out of primary school don’t do that” Haley told her getting up laughing

“Shut up now let’s go shopping and get the best outfits” Paige said getting up dragging her along, Haley wasn’t looking where she was going bumping into someone she looked up seeing the boy from earlier

“I’m so sorry; I should have watched where I was going” before the pale boy could speak, Haley walked off embarrassed after that.

 - - -

The party was like any other frat house party you see in the movies; Paige was having the time of her life especially having Ashton by her side flirting with each other. Haley wasn’t use to the party life she was more the Tumblr life. Haley decided to go upstairs looking for a quiet room all the doors were locked of course. Bt she noticed one room open to an attic, she walked up there seeing nothing but old junk. Haley decided to climb on the roof just looking at the view seeing the college and all the houses it was just nice for some quiet.

“Hey you’re not supposed to be up here”? She heard a voice say behind her. Haley turned around seeing the black haired boy from earlier.

“Sorry I’ll just leave” Haley said getting up

“Don’t worry, I guess it’s nice having company up here for a change” the boy said taking a seat next to Haley “So I’m guessing you’re not the party type”?

“No, not really”

“I can tell, you want to know why”?

“Why”?

“You seem like an innocent and geeky but I’m digging the hair, what’s your natural hair colour”

“Blonde, put once I’m done with college I’ll probably go brown”

“Nice, well just to let you know I’m a natural blonde”

“Really but black hair seems like that’s your natural colour” Haley said looking at his hair

“Nope this is dyed”

“Well it looks nice”

“Well listen anyway about this party thing, you got to get use to this there’s parties on every weekend and drunk people everywhere”

“Oh well I wasn’t really use to it growing up”

“Well listen here I should take you out and show you a good time” the boy said to her smirking. Haley smiled at the boy and said

“That would be nice; by the way I’m Haley”

“Well Haley it’s nice to meet you, I’m Michael” they shook hands and this was the start to the beautiful future these two had together they just didn’t know it yet.

Michael

“Mr. Clifford” I heard someone say shaking me while I was taking a nap waiting for news about my wife. I opened my eyes seeing the nurse from earlier with a clipboard in her hand; I sat up rubbing my eyes.

“Any news on Haley” I asked

“Your wife seems to be fine but she does have some brain damage and it may take a while for her to wake up; but we also have some other bad news” the nurse said looking worried but I kept quiet wondering what was going on “Did you know you’re wife was pregnant”? She asked, I looked up at her confused.

“No I didn’t, I don’t think she even knew”

“I’m sorry to tell you this Mr. Clifford but your wife lost the baby with the injuries she got, I’m sorry” she said padding me on the back about to walk away, I eyes were starting to swell I was going to be a father.

“Hang on” I said looking up at the nurse; she turned around looking at me “How long has she been pregnant”?

“Almost a month”

“Do you think I’ll be able to see Haley”? The nurse looked unsure but she nodded

“Follow me sir” I got up walking with the nurse not believing that Haley was pregnant and we were going to be parents; I knew this would hunt me for who knows how long.

 - - -

The nurse opened the door to Haley’s room making me all nervous seeing my wife. I walked inside walking around the corner seeing Haley lying there on the hospital bed in bruises and cuts; I sat down by the bed holding Haley’s hand. This was my fault I should have started the car up once it went green and not kiss her; Haley and I would be sitting at home doing who knows what and she would have had that baby still. I noticed her wedding ring by the side of her bed; I got up grabbing the wedding ring putting it back on her finger giving her a kiss on the head. I wasn’t leaving her side until she woke up.