Episode 8 - Melon Rider, Prepare for Battle!

Focusing on another character's story, the setting takes place in the Uesugi base.

It is actually a village, hidden in the mountains of the Echigo Province. The people living there are living comfortable lives and Uesugi Kurokages are patrolling around.

 The people living there are living comfortable lives and Uesugi Kurokages are patrolling around

Inside one of the buildings is a training room where it's dark with only a light. And Michiko is standing below it.

Right now, she's only wearing white clothing and is wielding a katana. She is also seen closing her eyes, as if she's trying to focus.

Meanwhile within the dark room are a bunch of Kurokages sneaking around. They began circling around Michiko while sticking in the shadows, waiting for a perfect chance to strike.

One of them took action and tried to stab Michiko from behind. 

However, Michiko saw this coming and blocked it with her sword and defeating him.

Suddenly, one by one, the Kurokages appeared from the shadows and began to attack Michiko all at once.

Even though she didn't turn into an armored rider, Michiko proved to be an exceptional fighter while wielding the katana.

Even though she's outnumbered, she dodged the Kurokages' spears with ease and struck them down with powerful strikes.

After she took them all down, she gracefully puts her katana back.

Michiko: Good work, everyone. This shall be all for today.

Later...

Michiko is seen taking a bath in her private onsen.

After she dumped some water on her long, black, beautiful hair, she went into the bath itself.

While taking a bath, she looked up to the sky, thinking there's something on her mind.

A flashback is played back where Michiko is facing Yukimura back in Kawanakajima. About some of the scenes of their fight, especially the words she said before she retreated.

Michiko's face seemed saddened, as though she feels regret that she spoke those words.

Then another flashback played, where Yukimura and Michiko are dating, walking around while she wrapped her arm around Yukimura's. Michiko even smiled cheerfully while being with him.

Michiko: Yukimura... I wonder what he's doing now?

After Michiko finished her bath, her mistresses helped her dry her body and assisted in putting on her yukata.