Episode 21 - Jam's Trial and Secret

It begins by seeing Kai, where there's still damage around most areas.

However, carpenters are beginning to re-build houses all across the village. Including doctors are still continuing to treat the injured and feed them some food.

Shingen is seen walking around the village with Yukimura by his side, while looking upon the situation.

Shingen: Such destructiveness...

Yukimura: Yes. I never imagine the Oda and Toyotomi would go so far to attack Kai.

Shingen: What is the situation.

Yukimura: So far, a bunch of buildings around the village have been destroyed. However, the carpenters are on their way in repairing them. Lord Kenshin also said that he will bring in more carpenters from Echigo to repair the damage. Miraculously, there are no casualties. However, most have been severely injured and are being immediately tended by doctors.

Shingn: ...We have battled with Oda and Toyotomi in the past many times. However, it makes no sense they would attack us for no reason and mysteriously retreat. I heard they were looking for something in our possessions, but what...?

Michiko: Yukimura!

The two then stopped when they heard and saw Michiko running to where they are.

Yukimura: Michi!

Michiko ran up to Yukimura and the two of them hugged in relief. She even puts her hand on his cheek to check on him.

Michiko: I am so glad you are safe...! Are you okay?

Yukimura: Yes, I am well, my love. Where were you, I was starting to get worried?

Michiko: My apologies, me and Naomi have been busy treating the injured soldiers and citizens.

Shingen: I see. ...By the way, young lass. Have you seen Yuuta anywhere?

Michiko: Yuuta? We thought... he was with you.

Shingen: So he is still missing...

Michiko: What is going on? Has something happened to him?

Yukimura: Sakura reported that she was trying to find Yuuta's last known location. But she hasn't found him yet.

Shingen: There is no time to think about small stuff.

Yukimura: What are you saying, my lord!? What if something happens to him? What if he's-.

Shingen: Young cub, I understand your concern for one of our fellow men. But our top priority is to rebuild the damage around us.

Yukimura: But...

Shingen: Yuuta is a strong warrior, wherever he is, he is out there somewhere and alive. He has to be.

Meanwhile...

It shifts back to the village where Yuuta was taken, under the care of Nagamasa, Oichi, and their daughter Chacha.

Oichi is seen walking down to Yuuta's room, with another cup of tea on a tray.

Oichi: Sir Yuuta, are you there? I brought you some tea.

As she opens up the sliding door, Oichi sees no one in the room.

Oichi: Sir Yuuta? ...Where has he gone?

Oichi continues to wonder, until she hears the sound of chopping from somewhere.

She goes to where the sound is coming from, where she sees Yuuta chopping wood with an axe. Along with Kuroh gathering a piece of wood in his mouth and puts it on the stump.