Episode 25 - Return and Recruitment! The Jimber's Potential!

After the trip to Echigo, the group have returned to Kai.

Right now, Sakura is reporting of the earlier events to Shigen and Kenshin.

Shingen: What!? Yukimura... has been captured!?

Sakura: Yes. It was all so sudden, but that... thing we just fought just beat us and left with Yukimura.

Shingen: *stressful sigh*We already have our hands full with the Oda and Toyotomi, now we have a new threat in our hands? ...By the way, where are Yuuta and Michiko?

Sakura: Lady Michiko has gone and shut herself in her room. Guessing she must've felt guilty for not being able to protect Lord Yukimura.

Kenshin: I do not blame my daughter for acting that way, it's best she should rest. I also sent some of my soldiers back to Echigo to investigate Yukimura's disappearance.

Shingen: Mmm. It's the upmost importance to bring him back safely. And for Yuuta?

Sakura: He decided to go see big sister Kanami.

Later...

Located within the Takeda castle, we can see Kanami in another part of the dorms.

Ever since she and her brother have been under Takeda's protection, they relocated them in living in their borders.

Right now, Kanami is sitting down outside and staring at the view in front of her in silence.

The reason is because she is reflecting on a flashback of their discussion with Shingen.

*flashback*

In the Takeda's main room on the top of the castle, Shingen is speaking with the children of Ieyasu. 

Tadatomo was also present as well, sitting on the side.

Shingen: I understand your situation of being through so much. However, if you may, I would like to hear your side of the story.

Setsuna: Of course. Besides, I knew this would eventually come. ...Ever since our father and our family were under attack, the Tokugawa were scattered across the land and we were all forced into hiding. Me and Kanami, were separated from our father during that time.

Kanami: ...

Setsuna: However, we are the ones being targeted since all never knew about father's location. It wasn't our intention, but we are partially responsible for starting this war.

Shingen: And that is when you two decided to live in Kai?

Setsuna: That is correct.

Kanami: Brother... There's so much I want to ask you. Why did you disappear? And... what have you been doing all this time?

Setsuna: It was all so I can protect you, dear sister.

Kanami: Protect...? And your way of protecting is leave my side?!

Kanami words roared out in anger as it got the attention of all present in the room.

Kanami: *tremble*Why... You promised you stayed by my side. You promised that we would be together.... So why...?

Setsuna: I'm sorry. But please hear me out, sister. It wasn't my intention to leave you. The reason why I left... was because of father.

This got everyone in the room shocked, except for Tadatomo.

Kanami: What...?

Setsuna: I have managed to meet him... in one of the nights. He told me about the dangers we would have to face. And I... I couldn't afford to get you involved in it because out of the two of us, you were the one who suffered.