Episode 24 - The New Mysterious Enemy

A little while after the events in the Siege of Akechi Castle, Yuuta, along with Yukimura, Sakura, Michiko, and Kuroh are presently in Echigo.

Right now, the group are walking up a public trail up a mountain.

Michiko: This is indeed nostalgic. I never thought it was possible for you to be at my side in walking upon the lands of Echigo, Yukimura.

Yukimura: You flatter me, Michi. This also brings back peaceful memories to me as well.

Michiko: However...

Michiko then looked back to see Yuuta and Sakura behind them.

Michiko: I do not feel as if we are at peace at all...

Yuuta: Hey, that's kind of harsh right there.

Sakura: Besides, it's not our fault. Lord Kenshin ordered us to be here with you for protection.

Michiko: *sigh**thoughts*I was hoping Yukimura and I to be together alone, though. After all, I want to make up for our lost time with him...

While they continue up the upward path, Sakura spoke up to Yuuta.

Sakura: Hey, Yu.

Yuuta: What is it, Sakura?

Sakura: How's big sister Kanami doing? I haven't seen her after... after what happened.

Yuuta: Huh? Oh... yeah.

As Yuuta looks out towards the sea, he was reminded of a flashback from the other day.

*flashback*

A little after the battle with Yuuta's new arms, he was being gently carried safely.

But then the mood stopped when everyone present all heard a loud sound.

It was Kanami, who was responsible by slapping her own brother, Setsuna to the face really hard. To the point of seeing a big bruise on his cheek.

Everyone was surprised upon seeing this.

Tadatomo: Miss Kanami!

Kanami: *trembles*....Why? And after all this time... Disappearing without saying a word, looking over me from the shadows... And even involving Yuuta which almost cost him his life...! *showing tears*Why have you now decided to show yourself, brother!?

All that was left is Sakura looking at the siblings, still having her surprised look.

*end flashback*

Sakura: I still can't believe that mysterious armored rider was big sister's brother. She never ever told me about him. Even the fact she's actually a princess, and Tokugawa Ieyasu's daughter no less.

Yuuta: Give Kana a break Sakura. Everyone has something they rather not want to talk about unless they want to.

Sakura: *sigh*I just hope big sister Kanami is doing okay.

Yuuta: She will. Lord Shingen took Kana and Setsuna under Takeda's protection in the castle. I'm pretty sure they're having a long conversation about their situation. ...By the way, why isn't Naomi with us?

Sakura: She's discussing with the rest of the alliance army for future plans against the Oda and Toyotomi.

Yuuta: Makes sense. After rescuing Kana, I doubt they'll be giving the cold shoulder after what happened.

Yukimura: Hey, you two.

Yuuta and Sakura noticed Yukimura speaking up.

Yukimura: We're nearly there, it's just a little further.