- 8 -

"Where were you?" The probation worker asked Jade when he saw her go outside, her face pale and her eyes unfocused. "This isn't a playground, you can't come and go as you please. Now get to work."

Jade looked him and gave a stiff nod as an answer. Without a word she grabbed a brush, soak it in a bucket with water and soap. And started scrubbing the tagged wall in silence.

Kelly started hearing voices again and she frowned.

"Someon's just going to write something else on here tonight." She looked at Curtis, who was aggressively scrubbing off the paint with an exasperated scowl. "They make us do these bullshit little jobs, wearing these bullshit orange jumpsuits. They can suck my dick."

Then his thoughts were cut off by others.

"Nice."

Her eyes switched to Nathan who was staring at her chest.

"Feel free to check out my tits, yeah." She hissed at him, and he rolled his eyes and resumed his task of cleaning the wall.

"She can't throw me out, she's my mum." She heard his thoughts again. "This is so embarrassing... Jade must think I'm a fucking loser."

"I don't want to go back." She heard Jade's inner voice. Jade had her back to her yet Kelly noticed how she was patting her eyes with the sleeve of her jumpsuit from time to time while she was scrubbing. "Why did I see her here? Am I going crazy? I'd rather spend my entire life scrubbing paint off this bloody wall than go back with her."

Kelly gulped, she was definitely able to hear their thoughts, and it was scary. "You know... After the storm, did any of you feel like, dead weird?"

She noticed that, while the others just turned to her in confusion, Jade and Simon's eyes snapped to her with a look of realization.

"Yeah!" Nathan exclaimed, and Jade gazed at him in hope. "I had a strange, tingling sensation in my anus." Her hope was slapped away by his unfunny joke and she slapped his shoulder. "Stop hitting me, woman!"

"Fucking idiot." Jade thought.

"I should say something." She heard Simon's inner voice. His eyes kept looking back at Kelly. "I'll just sound like a freak."

"What?" Kelly tried to make him speak up. "Did you feel weird?"

"You don't want to hear about my anus?" Nathan asked, disheartened.

"Do you really need to ask that question ?" Curtis deadpanned.

"Something happened."

Nathan grinned as he looked down at Simon. "What's that? Squeak up."

He took a few seconds to gather his courage. "Something happened to me."

"Are you a virgin?"

"Leave him alone!" Jade snapped.