- 12 -

Where the hell was Nathan?

Jade pursed her lips in annoyance as she strummed the cords of her guitar to distract her racing mind. It was the evening now and he had not come back yet, and it was starting to worry her.

She cursed her lack of phone to contact him, if she only had bought one she would have been able to call him or send a text to check up on him...

She sighed. He was probably hanging out at a random party, but usually he would drag her along in his shenanigans, so that meant that he was somewhere he could not bring her.

Somewhere like a girl's bedroom...

Jealousy burned her insides like acid as she bit on her lower lip, thinking about the pretty blonde girl he chased the day prior. He was probably back at her house to finish the date they had started.

She rubbed her tired face and set her guitar on the side and decided to go outside to take a breath of fresh air. She put on her leather jacket and grabbed her purse before making her way out of her flat. As she walked down the stairs of the complex she kept trying to push the images of Nathan with the other girl out of her head, and miserably failing each time.

She let out a relieved breath when she felt the cold, fresh air hit her face. She zipped her jacket shut to keep herself warm as she started to take a small stroll around her block.

She huffed when her thoughts drifted back to him, and she could not help but imagine the worst. Maybe he had angered someone dangerous with his dumb reckless brain and he was laying deathly injured in a ditch.

A poor rock found itself on her path, and she kicked it to try to calm herself.

She wanted badly to just conjure her fake mother and confide her fears to her, but she wanted to wait until she was safe and alone at home to proceed. Although the streets were almost empty she did not want to take any risk.

As she took a left turn she noticed a figure a few feet behind her, but she paid it no mind as she was deep in thoughts. Her fingers played nervously with the many necklaces she always wear around her neck as she tried to calm her nerves.

Knowing him, this horny idiot had probably ran to the woman's house as soon as he could, and just thinking about them made anger bubble inside of her once again.

She stopped dead in her tracks when reality hit her like a slap in her face. The idiot was her, she had managed to free herself from her mother's claws, and she was now ruining her happiness and freedom because of a guy that was seeing her as just a friend.

"Stupid bitch." She cursed herself, and if she was alone she would have probably slapped herself.

Nathan was single and free to do as he pleased, she had no right to feel this jealous and possessive over him.

The sound of shoes hitting the pavement tore her out of her thoughts and she whirled around, seeing the figure of a man clad in black stopping a few feet behind her.

Jade narrowed her eyes at him, feeling suspicious about his strange behaviour. She had noticed that the man had kept a safe distance between them the whole time while walking behind her, and now he had stopped when she had.

She waited thirty seconds to see if he might leave, maybe she had been wrong about his intentions. But her heartbeat picked up in speed when he didn't move a limb.

He was definitely following her.

She could feel the hairs on her forearms rising and cold sweat ran down her spine.

Her hands balled up into tight fists as her resolve strengthened. She did not escape the hell her mother put her through all those years to end up the prey of a greasy pervert. This dumbass definitely didn't know who he was up against.