- 22 -

Kissing Colin felt humiliating, and she hated every single second of it. She thought her night could not get any worse, but she was proven wrong when her eyes met his.

A pair of green eyes was staring at her, thick unruly brows furrowed.

Her heart fell at the bottom of her chest as she stopped breathing. He had witnessed the kiss, she was sure of that, and she had no idea what he was feeling.

Fear and embarrassment got the best of her as she wrapped her jacket around herself and left the bar. Her mind was swarming with thoughts as she hurried home. She turned right when she heard someone running.

Nathan stopped in front of her, he was heaving and his curly hair was messier than usual.

"Fuck, I'm unfit." He grumbled, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"What are you doing ?" She asked, and he rolled his eyes.

He scoffed. "I'm mugging you."

Her lips stretched in a smirk. "I'm terrified."

Nathan suddenly turned serious as he bent down so his eyes were at her level. "I didn't know you were into twats."

"I'm not into this one." She said, the underlying meaning obvious as her blue eyes looked at him with a twinkle of amusement.

"Oh, so which one?" He asked, and she smirked.

"Me." She chirped, then she walked around him and left.

She was not stupid, she knew the little device in her pocket had been turned into a microphone. And Colin was probably following her and making sure nothing was happening between them.

To be honest, the little strangulation episode had left a mark on both her neck and her mind. She wasn't ready to make him upset again, she had to make him lower his guard so she could execute her plan.

"Seriously." Nathan grumbled as he fell into steps with her. "Why did you kiss him? You probably should get tested for rabies."

"It was just a meaningless kiss." Jade huffed as she walked into a dark alley.

Nathan follower her, and he was strangely silent.

"Was ours meaningless too?"

She stopped and spun around in shock. His tone made it seemed like he was unaffected and just asking an unimportant question. Yet she could barely make out his figure in the darkness, but she could imagine his face twisted in worry from the weight the question had when it fell off his tongue.

Her eyes darted around as she scanned her surroundings, the alley was too dark and there was no camera. Perfect.

She scoffed. "Obviously."

Before he could feel any hurt over her answer, she stood on the tip of her toes and pressed a small kiss on his lips. Her hand grabbed his and she started to draw shapes on the back of it.

"What-" He was cut off by her left hand that slapped itself against his mouth.

"It was nothing." She said as she kept drawing shapes on his hand with her other hand. "Just happened in the spur of the moment, it's not like there's anything between us."

He finally caught on as he recognized the shapes she was drawing with her finger were letters, and she kept writing the same two words.

He's listening.

His eyes widened, and he could barely make out her eyes staring at him expectantly. He nodded, and she released his mouth.

"Glad we made that clear." He said, and she let out a small breath of relief. "You're too much of a goody two shoes for me, virgin."