- 32 -

Jade gasped when she saw Sally, the previous probation worker, curled up in the bottom of a freezer. Simon was holding the lid open as he gazed at the body inside.

"You killed her?" Alisha gasped.

"She was after us." Simon gulped, his lips stuck in a guilty frown. "She was engaged to Tony, the first probation worker. She found out about us killing him."

Jade felt sadness wash over her as she gazed at the woman that had been nothing but kind and patient with them, and got rewarded with a nice deadly blow to the head.

She grabbed Nathan's hand and squeezed, but his hand was strangely limp in hers when he would usually squeeze back to comfort her.

She raised her eyes to look at him. His lips were quirked up in a sadistic smile as his green eyes sparkled with satisfaction. It struck her as extremely odd as she gave him a long look.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Mmh?" He looked at her. "Yeah, why?"

"Nothing." She mumbled.

"What?" Kelly scoffed. "So you kill her? That's brilliant, problem solved."

"I didn't mean to kill her." He protested. "It was an accident!"

"You're a weird little psycho." Nathan's tone caused a shiver to run down Jade's spine. "And now everyone knows it."

He wrenched his hand out of her grip and spun on his heels with a victorious grin.

"Don't walk away!" Kelly snapped. "This is on all of us."

He ignored her as he left the room, Jade's   wide eyes followed him in shock.

"I thought we were through with this shit." Curtis huffed.

They fell silent when they heard the sound of a toilet being flushed, and Nathan entered the room by a different door than Jade had seen him leave through.

"I don't know what's going on with my guts." He groaned in pain. "It's all hot cross buns and easter eggs when Jesus get resurrected."

"But-but-" Jade stammered in bewilderment as she pointed at the other door. "You just-"

"That wasn't Nathan?" Alisha asked in a quiet voice, her eyes wide in worry.

"Whoever it was," Curtis said in a sombre tone. "They know we killed our probation worker."

"Did someone kill our probation worker?" Nathan asked in surprise as he wrapped an arm around Jade's waist.

"Duh." Jade mumbled.

"Seriously? I spend a few hours in the toilets and I miss all that?" He shook his head. "Life is passing me by."

"Hours?" Jade grimaced. "So I kissed a complete stranger that was pretending to be you? Brilliant, wonderful."

"You've already cheated on me?" He gasped. "I'm heartbroken, candyfloss. I don't think I can look at you anymore."

"What can I say." Jade deadpanned with a straight face. "I drive them crazy."

"I think it's a shape shifter." Simon said. "They can take on other people's appearance. I saw it in an episode of Star Trek."

"So I guess that was the shapeshifter that pretended to be Jade and lied about Nathan raping her." Kelly mused, and Nathan scoffed.

"Of course." He grumbled.

"We should set up a password that we can say to each other so we know it's us." Simon explained.