- 11 -

Nathan really hated mornings.

A month ago, he hated them since he would wake up blinded by the sun and with his brain crushed by a hangover, and he would have to find his way back home from wherever he had decided to fall asleep in his drunken stupor.

Nowadays, he hated them because of the girl he was waking up next to every morning. Every single time he opened his eyes they were met with the sight of a soft feminine body sprawled by his side. Her soft pink hair was messy and knotted by sleep yet was still inviting him to run his finger through it. He could smell the remnants of her body spray on the bedsheets and it was making his head spin with the need to pull her body close and bury his face in her neck.

His resolve was weak in the morning, and in his half asleep daze he wanted nothing more than to wrap her legs around his hips and make her his and his only. He wanted her fingers to wove themselves in his hair and pull tightly on the curly locks as he thrusted inside of her, surrounded by her skin, her wamrth... Surrounded by her.

Then he had to mentally slap himself. This was Jade, the girl he barely knew anything about, the girl that might disappear one day without leaving a trace like his father did. Her family and her life were definitely somewhere else far from him and his crappy life.

Every morning, he had to drill again into his brain that Jade had to remain a friend, and nothing more, since one day she was going to leave him and return to her old life.

She shifted to face him, and her eyelids opened to reveal a pair of warm cocoa brown eyes that gazed softly at him. "Morning." She mumbled as she stretched.

His gaze couldn't leave her face since she was unconsciously dazing him with her small smile and her half lidded eyes.

He blinked to break himself out of his trance and he pretended to scowl in disgust. "Jesus, you're ugly."

Jade's smile fell, and she glared at him in offence. "Rude."
.
.
.

"Jade." Kelly called her, interrupting the conversation the pink haired girl was having with Nathan as she entered the community centre. "Care to tell us why Gary's ghost is following you around?"

Jade and Nathan looked behind them to find Gary wandering the hall with a lost look in his eyes. She let out a loud, exhasperated sigh.

"It's my bloody powers." Jade grumbled. "I can't control them very well."

Nathan scoffed as he put his hands in his jeans pockets. "The probation worker suddenly appeared and started screaming at me while I was on the toilet yesterday night. My anus clenched so hard in fear I'm still constipated because of it."

"I already told you I was sorry." Jade huffed.

She then stomped towards Gary and began yelling at him to go away, meanwhile Nathan pulled out a phone from his back pocket and showed Kelly a picture.

"What am I looking at?" She asked in confusion.

"Cock, anus, ball-sack... Yeah?"

Kelly narrowed her eyes as she studied the picture. "Ooh, what's that?" She pointed at the picture.

"That's ball-sack." Nathan stated. "It's from a low angle. Jesus!" He grumbled.

"Come on, Gary ! Go away! Someone is going to see you!" Jade hissed at the illusion, Gary looked at her in confusion.

"I'm dead?" He asked, his eyes wide in fear.

Jade groaned as she slapped her forehead. "Now is not the time for an existential crisis!"