- 37 -

"Don't worry, it's almost done." The tattoo artist said with a smile.

"Yeah, you said that five minutes ago." Jade grumbled between her greeted teeth.

"Oh, come on! It doesn't hurt that bad." Kelly rolled her eyes.

"Sorry I'm not a strong, beautiful amazon of a woman like you." Jade scoffed.

"Are you hitting on me again?" Kelly raised her eyebrows.

"Maybe." Jade wiggled her eyebows.

Kelly snorted.

"And done." He said as he wiped the bleeding ink off with a towel.

"Really?" Jade asked, and he nodded.

Her lips spread in an excited grin as she waited for him to grab a mirror. He angled it so both Kelly and Jade could see his work.

They lapsed in silent amazement as they looked at her arm. The skin was red and inflamed, covered by a beautiful artwork that adorned her shoulder like it always belonged there.

"It's beautiful." Jade said quietly, amazed.

"Hey, Nathan." Kelly called him. "Come look."

Nathan quickly looked towards them, uninterested. "Yeah, it's nice." He gave a shrug before turning back to Simon. "Jesus, you smell good, do you wear perfume?"

Jade looked at him, flaggerbasted, while Kelly just rolled her eyes.

"Ignore him, he's a prick."

She leaned towards the tattoo artist. "Hey, I'd give you two hundred quid if you strap him to the seat and tattoo a dick on his forehead."

He chuckled. "As much as I love the idea, I'd pass."

"Too bad." Jade shook her head with a sigh.

Nathan remained glued to Simon while they paid and left, completely ignoring Jade. She didn't give it much thought, thinking he had just decided to annoy Simon.

"So, how about you and me go get a drink?" Nathan asked.

Jade smiled. "Sure, let's all go get a drink."

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, annoyed. "Who's asking you? I was talking to him."

Jade's smile fell as she looked taken off guard and slightly annoyed.

"Look, this is more of a boy's night. We're talking some quality man time. Beer, football... Maybe some wrestling ?"

"Why are you being such a dick to her?" Kelly hissed, and Nathan grinned as he wrapped an arm around Simon's shoulders.

"Come on, man. Let's go watch some wrestling. We don't need them."

Simon followed him, excited. They both walked away, leaving Jade and Kelly behind.

"Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw." Jade grumbled.

"You know what?" Kelly asked, and Jade tilted her head as a silent inquiry. "Fuck them, let's go get a drink too."

Jade nodded with a smirk. "Fuck them."

.
.
.

Her phone rang while she was drinking with Kelly, and she checked the screen.

"Why is Simon calling me?" Jade asked, and Kelly shrugged as she sipped on her beer.

She pressed the "answer" button and put her phone against her ear.