- 19 -

Spending time in her flat without Nathan was proving itself to be harder than she had thought.

Everything reminded her of him, from the ashtray sitting on her windowsill in her bedroom, where he liked to smoke at night with the window open while they talked, to the space in her dresser she had left for his clothes.

The pillow on her right still smelled like him. They had bickered to know which one was going to sleep on the left side of the bed, and she'd later learned that he would rather sleep on the right side and was arguing with her just for the sake of riling her up.

She found herself burying her face in the pillow as she took deep breaths to take in his scent until it would be forever imprinted in her mind. His scent was a mix of nicotine, her cherry blossom body wash, and something that was unique to him. It was making her head spin and her heart flutter each time she would smell it.

Earlier that day, Nathan had insisted to come back to her flat to live with her again, and she wanted to say yes so bad. She desperately wanted him back, but she knew what was going to happen if she were to agree.

The stalking asshole was watching and making sure she was cutting ties with Nathan. She had no idea how, but he was aware of her every move.

So she had to push him away, once again. She snapped at him and stormed off when she wanted nothing more than run in his arms and apologize until she ran out of breath.

Now she was laying alone with her nose buried in a pillow she was holding tightly in her arms and her heart was growing as cold as the right side of her bed.

Suddenly her phone rang, and her blood froze.

She pursed her lips as she reluctantly grabbed her phone and answered the call. She clutched the pillow tighter as she laid on her back.

"What?" She snapped.

"Good evening to you too, beautiful."

Jade clicked her tongue. The compliment left his lips like a purr, yet it was making her skin crawl in disgust.

"What do you want?"

"Open your bedroom window, please."

Jade left the warmth of her bed with a huff, and she made her way to her window, she opened it and caught a glimpse of a figure clad in black standing in the middle of the empty sidewalk.

The figure waved, and she shuddered.

"How do you know where I live?"

"I pride myself in my extensive knowledge of your life." She could almost see the smile in his voice. "I know everything down to the way you like to take your coffee at the coffee machine of the community centre. You always take a vanilla cappuccino with the maximum level of sugar, way too sweet for me. I like my coffee bitter."

She scowled. "And how do you know, creep?"

"My, my. I knew you'd put up a fight, but I didn't know the extent of it. To answer your question, I have some... Abilities."