Epilogue

11 years post ASBO.

"I can't believe that we're late." Kelly grumbled as she crossed her arms.

Seth sighed as his fingers drummed on the steering wheel of the rent car. "We're not that late, they won't mind."

Kelly threw him a pointed look. "Nathan will, he's a damn mother hen with his kids, and not showing on time is like an insult to them."

He snorted. "I've seen that. Hey, remember the time when he made a grown ass man cry because he was being rude to Jasper?"

"He's so extra." Kelly shook her head in amusement.

She looked through the car's window with a nostalgic smile. Wertham had changed a lot over the years, it became calmer and the atmosphere had shifted completely.

"At least Jade is more chill."

Kelly stifled a laugh. "She has to, with that nutjob as a husband."

Her phone rang, and she took it from her purse. "Speaking of the devil."

She connected the phone to the car's bluetooth and answered the call.

"Yeah Nathan?"

"Where are you?" He grumbled.

"We're here in five minutes." Seth said.

They heard a sigh through the speakers. "Move it, for fuck's sake. Jade left to pick them up from school, they're gonna be here at any minute."

"Stop freaking out, everything's gonna be fine." She said as she exchanged an amused look with her fiance.

"Oh, I'm not freaking out. Everything's fine. Amber is turning ten and soon she'll leave us and- I'm not freaking out."

"Stop that, you have at least eight years before she leaves the house."

"But- I- Whatever. Move your asses or I'll make you sleep on the lawn."

He ended the call, and they sighed.

Kelly smirked as she leaned back in the car seat. "Yup, he's still a prick."

They pulled up in the small parking space next to the Youngs' house, which was already cramped with cars. They grabbed the bottle of wine and the birthday gift before making their way towards the front door.

Kelly rang the doorbell, and they exchanged an amused look when they heard heavy footsteps and yelling.

The door opened swiftly to reveal a tall man with short brown hair and sparkling brown eyes, he smiled widely when he saw the couple standing on the porch. His eyes were framed with some slight crows feet.

"Hey! Isn't that Kell-Kell and Loverboy?" He chirped.

Kelly rolled her eyes while Seth raised his brows in surprise.

Connor leaned towards them. "I'm drunk off my tits." He whispered, and he then placed his finger over his lips and shushed.

"It's four in the afternoon." Kelly deadpanned.