- 9 -

The pub was packed when Jade arrived. Everyone was speaking loudly and having a few drinks. She was not ready at all to climb on stage and sing like nothing was wrong while the others were burying two cadavers.

She quickly went to the bar to say hello to her boss, who was running around fixing drinks. Then she headed to the bathroom to take a look at herself in the mirror.

She looked rough, her eyeliner and mascara were staining her cheeks and her eyes were red and a bit swollen. Her brown eyes were staring back at her.

"Time for those bullshit powers to work." She grumbled.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to imagine herself with a clean, fresh face, pink hair and bright blue eyes.

When her eyelids slid open she let out a small gasp. She was now looking exactly like she did in the morning.

Her eyes looked naturally blue and were framed with winged eyeliner as well as a black smoked out eyeshadow and her hair looked freshly dyed again. She furrowed her brows in confusion as she studied her face in the mirror.

She had a vague idea of what her powers could do, but she had to test them just to be sure. She focused on her closed fist, and when she opened it her eyes widened as a bright green butterfly flew out of her palm.

She watched in wonder the butterfly fly around her, its wings shining under the fluorescent light of the bathroom. It looked so detailed Jade could have mistaken it for a real one.

She reached to touch it, and her finger went through it.

Its wings shook a bit as it twirled around her and it then landed on her finger. She took a closer look at it with wide, curious eyes. It was slightly disconcerting to not feel its weight on her skin.

She furrowed her brows when the insect seemed to glitch, and then it caught on fire.

"What the hell?" She grumbled when it got burned down and the ashes crumbled into her palm.

She had not planned for the butterfly to suddenly burst into flames like that...

Her hand returned on the sink and she sighed.

Showtime.

A quick check in the mirror to make sure her face was still hidden behind her illusion and she left the bathroom. She grabbed Luke's old guitar and jumped on stage.

"Good evening everyone!" She greeted them and her lips stretched in a big, fake smile. The crowd turned to her and started cheering. "I hope you're all having fun tonight, if not your lord and savior is here!"

The crowd erupted in chuckles and cheers.

Her blue eyes swept over them and she recognized a few faces from people that came here often. She even was surprised to find the same guy standing close to the stage, he had been there almost every night since she arrived.

"So I'm just going to annoy you with one rule : don't take pictures or videos of me, please. If I catch you trying to sneak a picture, this guitar is going in your face." She said with a smirk.

"Okay, now that I've made that clear, are you ready ?!"

Everyone screamed an excited 'yes' and she started playing.

Surprisingly, the show had felt like a way for Jade to pour out all her bad emotions. While she was singing her heart out, she wondered how Nathan and the others were doing.

She was exhausted when the show finally ended, and she thanked the crowd and she put her leather jacket on and made her way outside.

"Miss Edwards!" She heard a man call her name.