𝟮𝟱. versus velocity and veracity

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
TWENTY FIVE!
versus velocity and
veracity
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

 ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮ TWENTY FIVE!versus velocity and veracity ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         Today was Mech X4's first day with new member, Veracity Campbell. The intelligent blonde was recruited to take over the position of shields for Harris, who was still recovering from a plethora of injuries.

The team was currently working through a fight simulator to test out her abilities and her teamwork skills. This would see if she was up for the challenge and could rely well on others but so far, it was going very well.

"Guys! Guys! We're getting our butts handed to us!" Ryan exclaimed in annoyance.

"Ok, note to self, wash hands after battle." Spyder spoke to himself but still received weird looks.

"We're losing the ventral armour. I gotta go secure it." Mark announced.

"Harris! Harris! Shields!" Ryan exclaimed but had totally forgot that Veracity had taken over.

"I've got you covered, Desmond." Veracity confirmed, her voice filled with annoyance.

"Desmond? Well, I've been calling you Ryan for what? Like 13 years now? Why did you not say something?" Spyder questioned, not understanding the sarcasm in the blonde's voice.

"Sorry, sorry, Veracity. Habit." Ryan corrected.

"Yup." Veracity grumbled in annoyance.

Ryan kept trying to dodge the simulation of Traeger and was even able to get away at one point. "Ok, Spyder, arm cannon and then I'll follow up with..." Suddenly, the power cut out. "The robot won't respond." Ryan panicked.

"My panel's dead too." Spyder confirmed.

"Same as mine." Natalie nodded.

Traeger's monster aggressively roared before hitting the screen and cracking it. "Bam! Simulation over! Bam! Welcome to scrap town, y'all! Yo!" Harris exclaimed as an animated version of him popped up on everyone's screens.

"Well, that stunk." Ryan pointed out, taking his belt off.

"At least, Harris's simulation program worked ok." Spyder pointed out.

Suddenly, the hatch door opened to reveal Mark, who climbed out of it. "Anyone else get an animated Harris mocking them through on their Mech-Link?" Mark questioned in confusion.