Chapter 8

Jayden's POV

Fuck.

This was the worst possible time for me to find my mate. After years of searching and coming up short, I finally found her. I found her when I no longer felt the need to have a mate. The only reason why I even brought her back with me was to appease my wolf.

I've always wanted a strong mate, but when I met her I could practically smell how weak and pathetic she was. She couldn't rule by my side. She couldn't even stand up for herself much less stand up for thousands of people.

How wrong I was.

She had managed to prove me wrong and left my pack shocked and speechless. Never in a million years did I ever imagine that my mate would actually be 'the angel'.

People have searched high and low for her for years. All the time she was right under our noses and we didn't even know. She was destined to stop the war and bring peace to all. However, there was also a chance that she would destroy us all.

I didn't want to get too close to her, but my wolf had other ideas. He always wanted to be around her, but I didn't want to. I knew that he was still mad at me for sleeping with other girls, but I have needs.

I mean she was easy on the eyes, but she always wore those baggy clothes to hide her figure. I wanted more than anything to see what was under those baggy shirts and pants, but at the same time I wanted to keep her at arms length.

She was young. Some would say too young for me. I was 25 and she was just 18. I was 7 years older than her. I don't know why the moon goddess thought that it would be a great idea to pair me up with such a young mate.

"What are we going to do about the rogues?" I came back to the conversation that we were having in the meeting room, before I got lost in my thoughts.

"We will deal with it just like we always have" I answered.

I was in a meeting with the elders of the pack, along with my Beta, Mason and my third in command, Dylan. We normally had these meetings at least once a month, but today was different.

We have been having a series of rogue attacks on the pack, which we believed were just a distraction for something bigger and far worst. It could be that word got out that the angel was in my pack, even though I have ensured that the information never leave this territory.

Only a handful of my most trusted pack members knew that Ava was my mate and I wanted to keep it that way until I have neutralized the threats. She was my mate after all and if she died I knew that a part of me would die also.

Her death might drive me to insanity and that was not risk I was not willing to take. Also she was the perfect leverage for my enemies if they were to ever catch wind of the fact that I found my mate.

"You know that we can't win this war without her" one of the elders spoke up.

"We have been fighting these wars long before I found her and so far we have still managed to stay alive" I countered with a hard look.

Were they trying to say that I was incompetent?

"It has been prophesied that she was the end to the war. We are not trying to undermine you or your tactics. We just want you to do the right thing to prevent further unnecessary bloodshed" the elder spoke up once more and bowed in submission.

I knew that what he was saying was true, but at the same time my wolf wasn't quite thrilled with the idea of our mate on the frontline of the war. It wasn't a sacrifice that he was willing to make, but it was the only way.

"She hasn't quite mastered or learned how to control her powers, so she will undergo the necessary trainings before she is ready to be on the battlefield" I spoke up.

"Very well, Elder Victoria has been studying the legends of the angels for a long time now, so we are more than certain that she is the right person to train her" another elder said.

"She'll start her training in a few days, but for now she will be getting acquainted with the pack and its members. This meeting is adjourned" I announced and stood up.

I left the room with Mason following close behind as we left the building and started the short walk back to the pack. I was expecting a visit from the Crystal Blue pack.

'Mate in trouble', my wolf's voice echoed in my head.

I rushed back to the pack as fast as my two legs would go. I could smell the stench of a few people that weren't from our pack, so I knew that they must have been the members from the Crystal Blue pack.

I walked in and saw a guy standing way too close to Ava for my wolf's liking. My wolf began going haywire as it tried to fight against my control to break free and rip out that fucker's throat. I calmed down my wolf and spoke up.

The boy wasn't having any of it though and that led to me almost killing him. I don't know who he thought he was to come into my pack and speak to me like that. He must have a death wish or something.

Of course Ava had to get in the way and stop me from choking the idiot to death. If someone else had done that, I would have killed them along with the idiot. But she was my mate and my wolf would never let me hurt not even a strand of hair on her head.

After I had calmed down, Ava began questioning the guy. When I realized who he was, I wanted more than anything to kill him.

I knew who he was. He was her brother. I knew how she was treated in her pack. I did my research on her shortly after I had found her. Those fuckers were going to pay for laying their hands on her. I might be a cold, heartless monster as I have often been described, but that type of behavior was not tolerated in my pack.

No one should ever go through what she has been through. I must say that after all these years of abuse and torture she was still able to stay strong. I admired her for that.

What ticked me off most about this situation was that the idiot was trying to drag my mate along with him. Like I would just stand here and let him take her back to those awful people.

"Who the fuck do you think you are coming into my pack and telling me what to do?" I growled and took steps towards him.

I could see him visibly gulp when he realized that I was the alpha. I normally concealed my identity from people who weren't a part of my pack. My father always concealed me from the world, so when I grew up I too continued to hide behind a cloak so that no one outside of my pack knew what I looked like.

It normally came in handy, for example like a situation like now. If he had known that I was the alpha from the beginning he would have been kissing my ass to let him take his 'sister' back with him, but that was never going to happen.

"She's not going anywhere. Get off my land before I change my mind and kill you. Oh and tell your father that I will be visiting him very soon" I dismissed them and walked away.

I had plans for his father.

I knew that they would be back. Boys like them always tried to prove that they were brave by standing up to the alpha of all alphas. I haven't killed anyone in a few days and my teeth were itching to rip out their throats, so I will be waiting patiently for their return.

After all I was going to kill that idiot's father.

A/N

I'm like dying right now, but I had to update for you guys.

I'm very ill so I don't even know if this chapter makes sense, but thanks for reading. My hands are literally shaking right now.

Remember to vote and comment:)