Chapter 21

Jayden's POV

"I forgive you" I couldn't believe my ears when she uttered the three words that I have wanted to hear for so long. I knew that I probably didn't deserve it, but I sure was gonna take it.

I stare into her gorgeous brown eyes glistening with happiness. I honestly didn't know why it took this long for me to realize that she was the only woman I needed.

Everything about her was perfect. There was nothing that she could do or say to change the way I felt about her. Her perfect eyes, face, hair, body, everything about her was simply perfect. Of course she was perfect; she was a freaking angel for crying out loud.

Holding her in my arms right now was everything I needed. It was a miracle how I was able to be apart from her for so long.

Now that she has forgiven me, I was never going to let her out of my sight, not that I have since she has been back. I always had someone watching her from a distance, just to make sure she was ok. Or it could have been me just wanting to make sure she never left again.

I know that I told her that she could leave whenever she wanted, but I lied. I would never have let her go. I would tie her to my bed if I had to, but she wasn't going anywhere.

I know that I was selfish, but I couldn't help it. I missed months of having her by my side all because I was too afraid to let her in and admit my feelings. I wasn't about to waste any more time with her. I want her to see that I can be the mate she always wanted and I will be the mate she deserves.

Tucking her stray hair behind her ear, I cupped her face and leaned in to meet my lips with hers. I've always dreamed of kissing those perfect plumped lips again and when our lips connected, it was even better than I had imagined.

Our lips moved slowly in perfect sync with us just enjoying and savoring the taste of each other. I heard her moan and not wanting to get lost in the kiss in front of hundreds of wolves witnessing me pleasuring my mate, with much difficulty I pulled back.

At least I tried to pull back. She pulled me back in for another kiss and wrapped her hands around my neck running her hands through my hair.

I mind linked everyone in the room to mind their own business, while I had my way with Ava. This wasn't the place or time to be making out, but her lips were so addicting and sweet that I just couldn't get enough.

Unfortunately we were interrupted when someone tapped my shoulder. I pulled back from the kiss to glare at the person who clearly had a death wish.

"What?" I snapped annoyed.

"We need to talk" my beta, Mason said as soon as he saw my pissed off face.

"Right now?" I asked irritated.

"It's urgent" he urged with a serious expression.

"Fine" I drawled out.

I turned back my attention to Ava and cupped her face in my hands. She was wearing an adorable pout and I could tell that she already knew the words that were about to leave my mouth.

"I have to go" I told her and she frowned.

"I don't want to leave you, but it's urgent. I'll be back before you know it" I pecked her lips and let go of her face.

She didn't say anything, she just nodded and I took that as my cue to leave. I walked away from her on the dance floor with much difficulty. I walked over to the exit where I saw Mason waiting.

We both exited the room and entered the garden that was empty. I wanted to get this over with as soon as possible so that I could go back to Ava.

"What is the emergency?" I asked as soon as we were out of earshot.