Chapter 28

Ava's POV

'Get up' a gruff voice whispered in my ear. The owner of the voice later planted a wet kiss on my face, and then trailed their tongue along my cheek.

"Five more minutes" I mumbled rolling over on my side and burying my face in the pillow.

"Ava we're not doing this again!" the annoying voice complained.

"Fine! Have it your way" the person said in a defeated voice.

Shortly after I could hear retreating footsteps, so I assumed that the person had finally left me to get back to my sleep. I sighed deeply, burying my face even more into the pillow inhaling Jayden's alluring scent.

Just as I felt myself drift back to sleep, my eyes shot open. I jumped out of the bed and put my hands up in a defensive stance ready to blast the culprit who was responsible for waking me up.

With the sleep long gone from my eyes, I was able to make out the figure before me. There stood Jayden with a bucket in one hand and a mischievous smirk on his face.

When I finally relaxed seeing as though it was only my mate, I realized that I was freezing. I looked down at my now soaked clothes and immediately put a hand over my chest. I was wearing one of Jayden's white shirt with no bra, so you could already guess that he was enjoying the view from his wet shirt sticking to my body.

"Couldn't you have woken me up like a normal person?" I complained. My teeth chattering as I shivered from the cold.

"I did try... Several times" he said with an eye roll.

"Well..." I honestly didn't have anything to say to that.

"Cat got your tongue, sweetheart?" he teased.

"Shut up!" I lamely retorted and stormed out the room.

As soon as I was in the bathroom, I closed the door with the lock. Jayden had a tendency to walk in whenever he pleased. Normally, when that happened, we'd end up spending at least an hour in here, but not today.

"Hey" I heard him call from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Not today buddy" I said with a goofy grin.

"Not fair" I could picture him sulking on the other side of the door.

"Life's not fair"

"Fine, meet me at the training field in fifteen minutes"

Upon hearing this, I instantly groaned already dreading leaving the bathroom. Training was no fun, and serious Jayden was even less fun.

I did my usual business in the bathroom and then changed into a sports bra, yoga pants and a pair of trainers. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and walked out of the house. I no longer stayed at the pack house, because according to Jayden 'we needed our privacy and it was time for us to live together'.

I wasn't complaining though, because living with Jayden was the best. He was almost never home and when he was he made sure that we spent every second together.

There were times when I was doubtful of our relationship, because I was just eighteen, and he was twenty-five. I was turning nineteen in a week, but I just felt like we were moving too fast or, I would mess up.

Being in a relationship was scary as hell. It was even more terrifying for me, because this was my first relationship ever. I'm sure he has been in many relationships before, but I had no experience whatsoever when it came to this.

He would often tell me not to overthink it, and just go with the flow. But I couldn't help but overthink everything I did. Even when I doubted myself, he never did. He always understood and was patient with me which was one of the many reasons why I fell in love with him.