Chapter 27

Ava's POV

"No" I repeated for the hundredth time.

"Sweetheart, I'm fine. See," to emphasize his point, he lifted a two hundred pound weight with a finger.

While lowering the weight to the gym floor, I could see him grimace to which he played it off with a smile. I knew that he was still in pain, because I could feel it.

"You're going to hurt yourself" I exclaimed grabbing ahold of the weight and putting it on the floor. I looked up at him with displeasure and worry etched across my face.

"I don't need your help" he snapped turning away from me.

I knew why he was acting like this. He was the all mighty alpha, feared by all. He was used to doing everything for himself. I guess he didn't want anyone to see him in pain, or thought that he was weak. But he had to understand that no matter what, I would be there for him every step of the way.

Plus this was kind of my fault. No, it was entirely my fault.

"You can push me away all you want, but I'm not going anywhere" I murmured with my face pressed up against his bare back and my arms around his sides so that I could press my hands on his chest.

He remained quiet. The only thing that could be heard was my heart thumping loudly in my chest and his ragged breathing.

"I know that this is all my fault and I'm so very sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that, but I just got so frustrated that I couldn't land a hit. I know you might not think that it is a big deal, but it is a big deal to me. I could have lost you today." I murmured choking on sob.

By now I was blinking rapidly to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. After fighting back the tears for a few seconds, I finally let them flow freely leaning on his back for support, my body racking with sobs.

He was quiet all this time while I poured my heart out to him. This made me cry even harder from his lack of response and acknowledgement. He just stood still and rigid in my grasp while I broke down.

After what felt like hours he let out a long sigh and turns around. He held me against him while I cried. I feel like I have been doing a lot of this lately, me crying and him consoling me.

"I don't like seeing you cry" he frowned pulling back from me to look at my face, wiping away a few stray tears.

I gave him a weak smile in response.

He remained quiet after that and just held me at arms length. His eyes roamed over inch of my face, squinting ever now and then.

He looked away from me, and ran a hand through his hair. I couldn't help but trail my eyes along his arm and watch as his muscles flexed with each movement he made.

I heard a chuckle and that was the only time that I moved my eyes away from his arms.

"Like what you see?" he teased. I blushed and looked away embarrassed that I was caught checking him out. Even after everything we've done, I was still a bit shy around him at times.

"I know that I like what I'm seeing right now" he whispered in my ear in a deep voice and later grabbed my earlobe between his teeth. He pulled back shortly after with a stupid smirk on his handsome face.

"My eyes are up here buddy" I said in a mocking tone when I realized that his eyes were lingering on my cleavage. He just smirked and continued to shamelessly stare at my cleavage.

He met my eyes with his hooded ones and I knew what was coming. I wasn't opposed to the idea, but we needed to talk first, before anything could happen.