Chapter 20

Ava's POV

"Damn. You look hot. Jayden won't be able to take his eyes off you when he sees you in this" Katie gushed.

"You think so?" I asked unsure.

"If I was a guy, I'd totally hook up with you" she gave me a playful wink.

"I don't know. Don't you think it's a bit revealing?" I asked looking at my reflection.

"I'm not doing this again. You've found a fault with every dress you've tried on and this is like the tenth dress you've tried on"

"I know, but-"

"But nothing, you look gorgeous, the dress is gorgeous. You need to get rid of all those negative thoughts running through your mind and remember that you are beautiful"

"I do look hot, don't I?" I laughed and checked myself out in the mirror.

I was wearing a long beautiful dress. It was a red dress with thin straps, a plunging v neckline and a thigh slit. The dress was perfect and it made me feel beautiful.

"That's my girl! Now go get changed so that we can leave this place already" she said shoving me in the changing room.

I changed back to my plain shirt and jeans, with my dress hanging from my hand. As soon as I walked out the changing room, Katie grabbed my arm and dragged me to the checkout.

I gave the cashier Jayden's credit card and she gave me a weird look.

"Jayden King? Did you steal this?" she asked looking at me skeptically.

"What? Of course not!" I answered her question.

"I'll need to verify this with him" she said picking up the phone.

"Are you kidding me right now!?" I asked in disbelief.

"Look here you little bitch, I'm really hungry so it would be much appreciated if you would just let us pay for the dress so that we can be on our merry way" Katie snapped. The girl completely ignored Katie and put the phone to her ear.

I pulled out my phone right away and dialed Jayden's number. Even now after weeks of me being back in the North pack, he was still giving me my space. I never really talked to him unless I had to and this situation qualified as one of those 'must talk to him' situation.

He answered almost immediately. I explained the situation to him and he asked me to past the phone over to the girl that was giving me a hard time. I did what I was told.

Whatever he was saying to her could not have been good. From time to time her eyes would widen in fear and she would gulp nervously. After she hung up the phone, the manager appeared and the girl was fired.

All I wanted was to pay for my dress. I wasn't expecting him to get her fired, but he was Jayden King and Jayden King always got what he wanted.

I paid for my dress and left the store. I felt bad that she lost her job. The guilt was weighing me down, but at the same time she was very disrespectful.

"I'm starving" Katie announced as soon as we got outside.

"You're always hungry" I laughed.

"What can I say? I'm eating for two" she shrugged.

Katie was four months pregnant. When I felt better enough to communicate with people, I went to see her. She was a crying mess. She was so happy to see me that it made me feel bad for leaving when I did.

All the pack members welcomed me back with open arms, despite their Luna leaving them when I should have been here for them. It was weird how much these people cared for me, and I just left them so easily.