Chapter 37

Ava's POV

A lot of things have happened these past few weeks. My baby bump was huge, making it hard to get things done, but I managed.

We were able to finish my welcoming ceremony and it ended on a high note. We finished with a run in our wolf form through the forest. It was truly a beautiful sight watching all the pack members running alongside me.

Things were finally looking up. I just hoped that there wouldn't be any more unwanted surprise. But it seemed that I spoke too soon, because in that very moment I felt water running down my legs.

Really!?

'You couldn't wait until I finished my ice cream?' I frowned.

When I made a move to walk I felt a contraction that halted my movement. I hunched over screaming in pain as I gripped the countertop, the marble snapping under my strong hold.

I took deep ragged breathes as I took a small step forward. Loosening my grip on the countertop, I made a move to take another step when the pain subsided, but I slipped in the amniotic fluid on the floor.

"Aaahhh" I screamed waiting for the impact, but it never happened.

Someone caught me before my back could make contact with the floor. I looked up at person, and realize that it was Mason. He helped me up on my feet, and as soon as I caught my balance he let me go, just as we heard footsteps approaching the kitchen.

"Did you pee yourself?" Mason asked amused.

Before I could reply I felt another contraction. Squeezing my eyes closed I gripped the countertop once more.

"Hey, are you ok?" Mason asked putting a hand on my back.

"What's going on in here?" A voice called from the kitchen doorway.

"It's time. The baby's coming" I wheezed doubling over in pain.

"Shit." In no time Jayden was by side, lifting me off the ground and carrying me bridal style.

He used his wolf speed to get us to the infirmary in no time. Jayden made all the necessary arrangements and preparations at the infirmary so that I would be able to deliver the baby there, rather than driving twenty minutes to the hospital.

He kicked open the door and carried me to my designated room. As soon as my body made contact with the bed, a doctor and a nurse rushed in.

I changed my clothes and then they ran a few tests to make sure that I was ready and able to push out the baby the traditional way.

After a few minutes of me moaning and groaning in pain, I was finally given the go ahead to start pushing.

And of course it was a female doctor and nurse because Jayden wasn't comfortable with another man looking at my private. I had rolled my eyes at this when he initially brought it up, but when I realize that he was serious, I had no other choice but to adhere to his wishes.

"Aaaahhhh" I screamed, gripping Jayden's hand in a death grip as another wave of pain washed over me.

I was pretty sure that I had broken all the bones in his hand, but he didn't complain. I look up at him with tears in my eyes while he watched me helplessly. I knew that he felt useless in this moment, but just him being here was enough for me.

"Luna Ava, I want you to give push... now" the doctor instructed.

I mustered up all the strength I could and pushed with everything I had. It hurt, it hurt so much.

After minutes of pushing, I was exhausted. I drop my drained body on the bed in defeat. I couldn't push anymore, it was too much.

"Ok. One more push" the doctor instructed once more.

I shook my head. I couldn't do it. I was completely drained.

"Sweetheart, you have to" Jayden looked like he was in pain seeing me like this.

"I can't" I shook my head with teary eyes.

"Yes you can. You're the strongest person I know Ava, so if anyone can do it, it'll be you. Beside I can't wait to meet our son." He smiled encouragingly.

"It's a girl" I retorted.

"Well, I won't be able to prove you wrong until he gets here." He leaned forehead and kissed my sweaty forward, retracting he squeezed my hand reassuringly with a smile.

"Ok. I'm ready."

Looking at Jayden, I gave one last push my face scrunching up in pain. Shortly after a cry was heard and that was when I focus my attention at the doctor with our baby in her hands.

"It's a boy." She announced.

The baby was covered in blood and other bodily fluids. The doctor handed him to the nurse for her to clean him up.

"You did it" Jayden had a bright smile on his face.

It was rare seeing him this happy. His eyes looked down at me with so much love and adoration that I almost choked on a breath.

"I love you." He gave me a quick peck.

"I love you too."

The doctor walked over to us with our baby. She handed him to me and I took him carefully holding him close to me. Jayden leaned down closer to get a better look at our son and I kid you not, a tear slipped from his eyes and fell on my forehead.

"Are you crying?" I asked.

"I don't know" he laughed with teary eyes.

"Don't cry, you'll make me cry" I chuckled tearing up.

"He's perfect"

"What's his name?" I asked Jayden. I couldn't settle on a name so I told Jayden to name him after he was born.

"Jackson. Jackson King"

"Welcome to the world little Jackson" I cooed, watching his small mouth form into an 'O'.

"Do you want to hold him?" I looked up at Jayden expectantly.

"He's so small. I'm afraid I'll drop him." He confessed.

"You won't."

I gave him the baby and he took him cautiously. He cradled Jackson in his arms and it was absolutely the most adorable thing ever.

"I really wish I had my phone right now" I pouted, sad that I wouldn't be able to capture the moment.

"Ava" an excited voice calls my name.

I turn my attention to the doorway and beckon Andy over. He looked up at Jayden with the baby, wonder filling his curious gaze.

"Can I hold the baby?" He asked excited.

"I don't know about that buddy. Hear what; if you promise you won't drop him then you can hold him" Jayden reason.

"I promise."

Jayden helped him hold Jackson. When Jayden was comfortable that he was holding him correctly, he let go of Jackson, which was a bad idea.

Andy sneezed and the baby slipped out of his arms. My heart jumped in my throat at that and I jumped up to try and prevent his fall, but something unexpected happened.

Jackson didn't fall. In fact, he floated in the ear with his little fist in his mouth. I opened my mouth in astonishment.

He had powers.

But how?

A/N

This is the end guys...

I know that the ending isn't ideal, but...

I love you all.

Sequel???