Chapter 33

Ava's POV

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ava... Happy birthday to you" Jayden sang, which was surprisingly good.

Now this is a sight that I'd want to wake up to everyday. Jayden was holding a birthday cake in his hands with an apron wrapped around his waist, exposing his bare chest.

"Hey sweetheart, the cake is in my hands, but you can definitely have some of this later" he smirked, gesturing to himself.

I didn't even realize that I was checking him out until he called me out on it.

"Who knew you could make baking look so sexy" I responded in a seductive voice.

His eyebrows rose in shock, as he looked at me his mouth agape. Normally, I would blush and look away, but not today. Today I turned nineteen.

"I'm always sexy, sweetheart" he said with a cocky smirk.

He wasn't lying.

"Now be a good girl and blow out the candles" he cooed.

I glared at him before I did as instructed. After I blew out the candles, he took out the candles and brought my face down on the cake.

"What the hell was that for?" I shrieked wiping cake off my face.

He didn't answer, he just burst out laughing. It was nice to hear him laugh, but not at the expense of my embarrassment. Using this opportunity while he was distracted, I grab ahold of the cake and slammed it into his face.

"What was that for?" he pouted with cake covering his face.

"Payback's a bitch" I stuck my tongue out at him.

He dropped the remainder of cake on my head, messing up the sheets in the process.

"Are you freaking kidding me? I'm not cleaning this up!" I glared at his amused face.

"I didn't even get to taste the cake" I pouted.

"Here" he shoved a handful of cake in my mouth before I even had time to react.

"JAYDEN" I shouted with a mouthful of cake.

"You said you didn't get to taste it" he gave me an innocent look.

The cake was actually good. Who knew the big bad alpha could bake.

"It's really good. I didn't know you could bake" I looked up at him skeptically.

"My mom taught me" he blushed.

"So what can't you do?"

"Well I can't get my mate to undress for me" he smirked.

"Is that why you basically covered my entire body in cake?" I gaped up at him.

"It is your birthday. It's only fair that we start the day off right"

"Sex is not the answer" I replied incredulously.

"A guy can dream" he looked on with a wistful smile.

"Come here" I rasped out seductively.

"Now we're talking!" he exclaimed, jumping on the bed.

"Ava" a sleepy voice called out from the doorway, followed by a yawn.

"Oh great, we adopted a cockblocker" Jayden mumbled.

"Jayden!"

...

"What is all this for?" I asked looking around the room.

All that could be seen was makeup, hair products, clothes and shoes.