[19] Lavender Scent

Author's POV:

Kiara was under Elijah's desk with her knees against her chest, trying to squeeze inside as much as possible. She could hear the loud footsteps coming towards the office door as her heart beat increased per second.Elijah stepped inside......

The musky and timber smell of his home office was now replaced by the sweet lavender scent. He knew the scent.

He knew to whom that scent belonged to. A smirk formed on his face, but he didn't say a word. He took the file from the front avoiding to go to the other side of the desk and saying 'peek-a-boo' to his cupcake as she screams on top her lungs and dies from a heart attack.

He took the file and walked outside his home office, he made sure to close the door with a loud noice so she knows that he was gone.

As soon as Kiara heard that slam she exhaled hard, like she was holding her breath for an hour. She crawled out of the desk and stood up. She fixed her clothes, her heart beat was at a normal rate and her vision wasn't blur anymore.

She took a cautious step forward, as her eyes took in the surroundings. The room was entirely too large for a simple office, it had two cloudy cushioned sofas infront of the desk with a small round table in between. It was the mixture of gold and white.

A chandelier was hanging on the ceiling illuminating the room. There was a large book self at the left side. On the right, there was huge fireplace. It looked quite cozy regardless of how big his office was.

The room screamed royalty.

Just like all the other rooms in his house.

Kiara was terrified of getting caught. So she took off as soon as she finished studying the office. She ran outside the house without any stoppage. Now she was in his garden, panting. After taking a minute break she ran again outside his house and inside hers.

Elijah however had cleared his suspicions by seeing the security footages. He was in a meeting, in front of his employees and clients but he was only focusing on the footage that showed Kiara messing with his treadmills settings. He was amused, he knew Kiara was a spitfire.... but he never took her as a prankster.

'Well if she wants war, she will get a war' he thought to himself as he stood up in the middle of the meeting and headed out.

He had already memorized all the pointers the group wanted to cover in the meeting so he didn't want to waste his time sitting there only to hear what he already knew. He decided to stay in his office and finish some paper work.

Meanwhile Kiara was spending time with his brother. It had been a long time since they hung out together. "So when are you planning on taking Clara out on a date?" Kiara asked as nick ignored her while typing something on his phone.

"Nick.......NICKKK" she called out but no answer.

She lunged towards him on the couch as she took the phone from his hand to check who he was texting. It was Clara. "What the hell. Give me my phone, Ki" he screamed as she ran around the kitchen counter and he chased her, Just like tom and jerry.

Kiara was going through their chats while running as she read a message of Clara that said "I had fun today, we can go out again sometime".

"You have ALREADY GONE ON A DATE" Kiara screamed as nick's eyes widened. He became jerry now and Kiara became tom. She was chasing him as he speeded to his room closing it shut.

"NICK, YOU FUCKING BITCH.... WHY DIDNT I KNOW THIS? I could have helped you choose the location, the outfit and everything" Kiara yelled while banging the door.