[34] Feels Like Home

Flashback (3 hours ago)

"Kiara!!! Why are you running away!!" I called out for her but she kept running.

What had I done? Had I fucked up... again?

I decided not to follow her and give her time to calm down.

The thing I understood about her was that if she is mad at someone, she will never want that person to justify themselves immediately... she always needed time to calm her mind.

"Excuse me sir, Mr. Parker is on the phone"
"Thank you" I said while taking the phone from the waiter's hand.

"Good evening uncle, how do I owe this pleasure?"

"Elijah, I just needed to cross check this month's statistics with you.... do you have your books with you?"

"No I have my photographic memory.... go on"

"Well if you look at our currents assets, they are 2.024 billion dollars and the liabilities are 940 million dollars, so the current ratio is 275%"

"Uh... uncle, it's 215.319149%" I corrected
"What?"

"If the current assets are 2.024 billion and liabilities are 940 million dollars shouldn't the current ratio be 215.319149"

"Oh yeah... you're right. Did you remember that or did you calculate it right now?" Parker asked

"Calculate.."

"Elijah.... you have a problem dude."

"HAHA.... anyways I have a favor to ask from you.."

—2 minutes later—

"Done" Parker said and cut the call.

I took a shower and got dressed, it was time to talk to Kiara now... I hope she forgives me and let me explain.

As I walking to Kiara's room I saw Nate.

"Elijah, brother. Long time no see!!"

"Nate" I greeted in the most uninterested way possible.

"C'mon man we meet after 6 months and this is how you greet me? Let's catch up with a drink?"

"Yes and no"

He started laughing "you're still the funny one huh"

What was funny in that?

"Elijah, you look weak man!! Have you stopped working out now? Are you busy being a billionaire that you have forgotten from where you came from? Get your foot on the ground again mate.... we are the same just like we have always been... lost, vulnerable, monsters. You are no better now that you have a multi million company. We have always been equal. Do you hear me?" He blurted out

I scoffed.

"I remember exactly where I came from 'mate' and the part where you said that we have always been equal.... who are you trying to convince... me or yourself? And talking about looking weak.... you looked pretty damn weak to me on the ground 6 months ago, asking for me to stop beating you... or did you forget that?"