[26] I Pity You

Kiara's POV:

"I came here to ask if you're okay.... i wanted to know the reason why you're Acting cold again. But now I know." I took a pause as he looked at my with his angered eyes. "Now I know.....that you're just cold. There is no acting about it. The acting that you did was yesterday. Being the nice guy."

"You know what, I think you deserve an Oscar for that performance. Here I'll hand it over to you." I said while taking a piece of paper from his desk and a water bottle pretending it to be my mic, I started announcing on it.

"So the award for the BEST NICE GUY PERFORMANCE goes to.........." I opened the same piece of paper and looked at Elijah who was still staring at me with those furious eyes. "Elijah Black!! everyone, let's give him a round of applause" I said while clapping my hands and pushing the water bottle to him as an award.

He didn't take it.

Instead he smacked it away from me, it broke into a million of pieces as it hit the wall. I flinched. But before I could even glare at him he pinned me to the opposite wall. My hands were pinned above my head with his one hand, his other hand was on my waist, pushing my lower body to the wall, hard.

"I am not nice. You should get that through your thick skull, Miss Mikaelson. If I ever gave you the impression, that I was nice?  Forget about it because it will never happen again."

I tried to get out of his grip but he pushed my hands harder to the wall and moved his face closer to mine

"Yesterday, you saw the old Elijah. Yesterday...I kissed you. Not because I wanted to. Nope. Just because you, Miss Mikaelson were wearing my mother's party gown. Seeing you in it, made me vulnerable, weak . It made me turn back into the nice Elijah that I once was.....WAS. Dancing with you made me want to be nice to you. But that's it. Nothing more Nothing less. That kiss meant NOTHING to me. And If it did to you, I pity you"

Those words.
Oh no!!!

Don't you dare Kiara. No no please no.

My eyes started watering, big big tears started rolling down my cheeks. I looked down so he could not see it. I squeezed my eyes tightly and as he loosened his grip from my hands, I pushed him away and ran. I ran as fast as I could.

When the elevator opened. I thanked god it was empty, but the ground floor wasn't... I ran pushing people out of the way. I heard Melody calling out to me but I didn't stop. I just had to get away from this place.

Once I was in my car. I screamed, I hit the steering wheel until my hands were red....I buried my face in my hands.

So this is what heart break feels like?
Those words hit me in a way, I couldn't have ever imagined.

"I pity you" he said

I didn't deserve this. I didn't.

What had I done to deserve this? Be nice to him? Tried to see through the facade he puts up with?  To see the best version of him? To look past from what people stereotyped him as- a playboy- a cold heartless billionaire?

But maybe.......people were right.

Maybe they were. But-