LOSS

ERIN'S POV

I walk into my room, slam the door and I just cry. I could feel my legs giving out on me so I fell onto my knees and my sobs became more airy. How could my world just fall apart so suddenly. I couldn't believe they were gone. I couldn't stomach the feeling of being alone in this world. My parents were all I had. I had no aunts, no uncles, no grandparents...no one.

 [1 HOUR EARLIER]

Driving back home from the mall blasting my music, I would not be surprised if by the age of 40 I couldn't hear anymore. This is the only way to enjoy music. Listening to music on low volume, doesn't feel right. Since my phone was connected to the car speaker my music stopped playing when it rang. 

Little did I know everything was about to change...

'Hello' I answered cheerily 

'Hello Miss Charles?' she asked

'Speaking. This is?' I asked 

'This is Dr. McKenzie from Jameson hospital. Please rush to the hospital, there has been a...' 

'What happened?' I cut her off, finding it difficult to breathe.

'I think its best we discuss when you get here' she said then cut the call.

I couldn't help but think negatively of this sudden call. My thoughts were overwhelming me, the music playing becoming background noise.

What happened? Are my parents okay?

I finally got to the hospital, anxiously walking in headed straight for the reception. 

'Hey, I got a call from Dr. McKenzie' I immediately said not wasting anymore time. 

'What's your name?' she asked with a small smile

'Erin Charles.' I stated and watched as her small smile fell off her face. 

Immediately, all hope of good news left my body and I could feel life draining out of my body. She walked with me to Dr. McKenzie's office and left me to walk in as she went back to her post.

I knocked slightly then walked in

'Miss Charles...' she said standing up to greet me.

'Erin please' I said as I shook her hand. 

'About 20 minutes ago there was an accident on CNM street. The paramedics were called to the scene late. You must be wondering why you are here. I am sorry Miss Charles I need you to identify the dead bodies.' She said. 

I felt a tear escape my eye as we walked to the hospital morgue. A part of me was sure that my parents were okay and nothing happened to them. They would call me to ask me what time I would be home, but the some part of me was certain they weren't with us anymore and said FOR ONCE I should not be optimistic, that I should face reality head on, to wake up and smell the coffee. The doctor removed the plastic of their faces and there they were.

A man and a woman, pale and their bodies cold, just... lifeless. They had been stitched up in several places on the face and neck. Looking at them I became numb. I didn't know whether to cry or be angry. Angry at them for leaving me or sad that they're gone. I just stood there in shock, with no expression. I walked towards them and touched my mom's face then my dad's. Tears fell onto his dead body. I turned to my mom and just stared as I held her hand. The doctor touched my shoulder and when I turned to her, I lost it. I fell into her arms and I drenched her lab coat with my tears. I am sure she became certain that they were my parents. 

I walked out of the morgue and sprinted to my car. I had had enough of the hospital today. I got in closed the door and just drove home. 

[NOW] 

I couldn't breathe. The loves of my life were gone. I cried for hours on end until sleep stole me away. How could it!

##########################################

Hey guys its Olly. I had been meaning to write a love story for a while but I couldn't find an angle to connect with after reading lucasboohoo's book EDEN I got one. She inspired me to start.  I hope you enjoy the book. Vote and comment. 

The story is mine. Please do not republish it anywhere. 

All copy right laws observed.

Love, Olly.