"My clothes look good on you"

Author's note

Hey guys I am so appreciative for the reads and votes, it means a lot that half a thousand people read my book and enjoy it enough to keep going. Thank you so so so much. Your support warms my heart and pushes me to continue even in my worst days. Lots of love.

ERIN'S POV

Its been a week since James and I's "encounter". Our relationship has not been defined and I'm okay with that because I don't want to rush into anything. I'm more into riding the wave and seeing where it takes us. James did talk to the sports director and he said I should show up to today's practice and show them what I've got, I hadn't had try outs in a while.

With my gym bag, phone and hydro flask I walk downstairs. Mom and dad come into to view and I smile.

Where is James? I haven't seen him since I woke up that's not like him.

"Good morning" I say smiling

"Hey kiddo" dad smiles back

"Morning honey" mom says cheerily

I smile at them both then dad says

"Today is the big day, are you pumped?"

Grinning I answer

"I am. I really was starting to get bored around here"

"Good, your mom and I will stop by" he says and I can't help but feel a little sad.

My biological parents used to do the same thing. They would stop by bring me food and watch for a while before saying goodbye. It was the most motivating thing ever. Damn I miss them so much.

"Okay" I fake a smile

After they finish eating, they bid me farewell and head for the door. Where is Jam– as if on cue he walks in drenched in sweat; his T-shirt is partially glued to his skin and its outlining some desirable features under it, his shorts hang dangerously low but his hair on the other hand, is soaked. Seemingly jelled to his scalp. This man sweats buckets. He wipes off bids of sweat and I can't help but swallow a lump in my throat. Our eyes finally meet....

James please don't say!

He seems to be checking me out

James don't say it!

Finally he speaks with a smirk plastered on his face

"Like what you see?"

And he said it. Sigh.

"You are the most cliché person I know" I giggle, he let's out a chuckle then says

"My clothes good on you" he smirks and I can't help but blush.

He walks towards me and wraps his arms around me which I protest to because he is sweaty and smelly. Due to my lack of power I give up.

I chose to wear his grey T-shirt, black gym shorts and black sneakers. His scent just drew me in.

"This is not yours" I protest

"Oh really? So you sprayed my cologne." He fires back

"Psst, no I...umm" failing to think of a comeback.

He let's out a chuckle and I sigh in defeat.

"Excited?" He asks holding me tighter

"I am and nervous as well." I admit

"You've been practicing everyday for about 4 hours. You'll do great" he says as he kisses my hair

"Thank you" I feel a little relieved