"FRIENDS"

Today I woke up feeling good. I had enough sleep and although yesterday was shitty I will not let the past ruin the future. I had woken up early and joined Olivier in the kitchen. We were cooking breakfast and I finally decided to ask her about her birthday. 

"So your birthday is soon. I am excited" I say.

"I'm not" she mutters.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why what?" She asks back.

Did she really respond to me subconsciously?

"Why aren't you excited about your birthday" I ask again

If her expression wasn't gloomy before, it was now.

"You don't have to tell me" I add feeling bad for making her sad.

"No you should know you are apart of the family now. ...When James was ten, I got pregnant. My pregnancy had a lot of complications and six months down the line I had to get into surgery to deliver the baby. It would be premature." She paused

"The surgery didn't go as planned and Charlie had to pick between saving me and saving the baby. He chose me and we lost the baby. I was so mad at him. I wanted him to save her." She said looking away from me and I noticed her holding back her tears.

I walked towards her and hugged her just as she had hugged me yesterday.

"You're the love of his life. He couldn't lose you."  I told her as I caressed her hair.

"Took me a long time to understand that." She said as she wiped away the tears.

"Anyway, the doctors said if I got pregnant I would miscarry and even if I carried full term, one of us would have to die for the other to live." She added.

"I didn't want Charlie going through what he went through the first time so I got my tubes tied." She concluded.

"Let me guess this happened on your birthday?" I asked sadly.

She nodded then said

"She would have been 6 in 3 days".

I could feel her eyes tears damping my shirt so I hugged her tighter. As if on cue Charlie came downstairs in his suit and tie.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"We are bonding" I respond.

"You women are weird" he said and we laughed.

"How are you today?" He asks.

"I'm good...how are you?" I ask.

"I am great" he responds.

"Smells delicious" he says and kisses Olivier.

"Eww get a room you two" I mock them.

"What's wrong baby, you're crying?" He asks her worriedly with his hands cupping her face.

"Onions." She lies and he kisses her forehead.

The smile on my face is wiped right off at the sight of James.

"Great you two are both here. You two will be hanging out every–"

"What!" James and I say in unison horrified.

"Your dad and I thought that this is the best way to get you two talking. You guys are family, so get along" Olivier says.

"It can be in each other's rooms, the pool, the garden, the kitchen, anywhere in this premises" Charlie says.

"What!" James and I say in unison again.

"Great, you're already bonding. Look at you guys both outraged." Charlie mocks us.

"If you go out, we won't know if you actually spend time together" explains Olivier.

"But mo–"

"Save it James what your father and I have decided is final. Make a schedule and give it to us by end of day." Olivier instructs

I can't believe they are forcing me to hang out with this jerk for 2 hours. I will never get those 2 hours back, never! I don't see myself developing a relationship with this douche bag and I'm certain I don't want to.

*************

Its hot today so I decide to go swim by the pool. When I get there I find James already swimming. Way to kill my mood. As I am about to turn back into the house he says

"Hey Erin"

"Hey James" I turn back to him

"Want to hang out?" He asked

The fuck? How could he ask me if I wanted to hang out so easily, after all he had put me through?

"No" I respond

"Suit yourself. Thanks by the way" he says

"For?" I ask confused

"Making the schedule" he adds as he gets out of the pool and walks into the house.

"I didn't agree to that." I say trailing behind him.

"You didn't refuse either" he says with a smirk

"This is me refusing" I protest.

At this point we are almost at his door.

"Fine how about we make it together. Get your stuff that you want to use and come to my room" he commands.

Was this James way of being not mean? The jerk actually talks like a normal human being. What was I missing?

"Hurry up will you. If you are late I might just end up not doing it, mainly because I am doing it with you" he added.

There he is. The cunt I know.

I went to my room and grabbed my phone. It was the easiest way to make a schedule. I walk up to his door and knock. I hear a faint

"Come in"

"I was hoping you wouldn't hear that" he mummers.

"Petty" I whisper.

"Okay so, when are you free?" I ask him.

"Always baby girl. If you need some company I got you. When are you free?"  He says

"Ew no, gross. I am free from 6 to 8. That's when I just lay in bed and think, so I could spare those 2 hours" I say.

"Okay cool." He says as he stands up grabs me by the arm and shoves me out of his room.

"See you then baby girl" he says and slams the door in my face.

What an arseeee! I'm not surprised.

Its already 4 pm so I got to my room and start prepping myself for the next shit hours I'm about to have. I hate that I have to do this!

************************************
Hey guys tell me what you think.
You know the motto:
Vote
Comment
Enjoy

Love, Olly