JERK

The next couple of days are bad. I'm not a fan of James and I am certain the feeling is mutual.

Today marks one week of my parents death and my one week in hell...well its not that bad actually. Olivier and I went shopping at least twice this week. She wanted me to have enough clothes since I left majority of mine at the old house.

Charlie and I went shopping too but it wasn't for me, it was for Olivier's birthday which is in 4 days. She doesn't say much about it, she doesn't even seem excited while everyone else (Charlie and James) won't stop talking about it. I wonder what happened to her on her birthday that affected her so much that she dreads her birthday.

I haven't seen my friends. I think it's because I have been avoiding most of them...well all. Its not like I don't want to be around them its just that most of them met my parents and I don't want to risk them bringing them up. I kind of feel bad for not wanting to talk about them. Charlie and Olivier barely bring them up and I'm okay with that. I guess they know it's too soon.

Now I'm lying on my bed. I don't feel like being around people. Can you blame me though? I am a teen after all.

*bang*
The door cracks wide open. The fuck?I'm clearly frightened so I jump of my bed.

"What in the fuck knuckles is this?" I shout.

"So we are quoting dead pool now?" He asks
I roll my eyes and look at him.

"Why are you here?" I say crossing my arms.

"My mom is calling you for lunch" he says and he turns to leave.

"You are so petty" I mutter.

"What the fuck did you say?" He turns back to me with cold eyes.

Well fuck me. This boy is intermediating...but he has been walking all over me this past week and I am tired of his shit. Might as well start standing up for myself.

I step up to him and say

"I said you are so petty"

"Say that again bitch" he says looking me dead in the fucking eye.

I could see the anger in his eyes.Oh for fuck's sake. Why did I have to say shit?

"You're a dick, you know that?" I spat

"At least my parents didn't abandon me." He spat back and walked out.

I shouldn't hurt because my parents didn't abandon me, they died. However, some part of me really felt like them passing away was the equivalent to them abandoning me. A tear escaped my eye and flowed down my cheek. Quickly wiping it away, I walked downstairs for lunch.

I follow James to the garden, where we were having lunch. I notice everyone is already seated. I join them. I was about to dig in when I noticed everyone looking at me.

Olivier clears her thought and before she speaks, James cuts her off and says

"We unlike you heathen, say grace before we eat. I am not surprised though, no one could teach an animal manners. I'm guessing that's why your parents gave you up"

"James!" Both Charlie and Olivier say

"James you don't know anything about my parents—"
" Neither do you" he cuts me off.

"James stop this" Charlie says and James shuts it.

"Erin honey...I apologize for his behavior" Olivier quickly says.

"It's okay..." I say and stand up.

"Thank you for the meal. It seems lovely." I said and stood up.

James really is a dick.

***********************************
Hey guys. What do you think of the book so far?
Comment
Vote
Enjoy

Love, Olly