YOU WILL BE OKAY

I woke up with puffed eyes at the sound of the door. Annoyed I look at the time and its 9 am. I wasn't expecting anyone. I hadn't told anyone that my parents passed. I walk out of my room groaning. Damn my head is pounding. As I walk down the stairs it really sinks in that I am alone. Usually by this time on a Saturday my mom would have cooked breakfast and my dad would walk in at 9:30 am sweat dripping, coming from his jog. 

I stand by the kitchen island. Memories start flooding in; my dad holding my mom from behind and my mom complaining that he stinks, him kissing her anyway and coming to hug me after and I would complain too. Just like that they are gone and I never got the chance to say goodbye. They were taken from me in the night, out of nowhere like a shooting star. A loud knock brings me back to reality. I finally walk up to the door and open it. 

I see a woman who should be in her early 30's;  wearing a blue pan suit, holding a clipboard with some papers and behind her is another women wearing a black suit who seemed older than the first. 

'Good morning. I am Miss Michaels and I am your parents' attorney.' she said smiling 

'Good morning. I am Mrs. Smith and I work for CPS.' she said smiling too.

'Hey, come in' I say. 

I walk to the kitchen and start making tea. My mom always said its rude to allow anyone to leave the house without eating. I gesture them to sit in the living room then follow behind them. 

'So we are here to talk about what happened last night. I know it might seem to be too soon for you but considering you are the only person there is to talk to at the moment we have no choice. Before we begin I would like to ask you if there are any relatives we can contact?' Miss Michaels asked

'Um...no' I answered slyly. 

I felt my breathing hitch. I still couldn't swallow the fact that they were gone. I literally saw them yesterday. I kissed my mom and dad good morning and now they are gone! I really wanted to wake up from the nightmare that my life was turning into. I could feel my eyes tearing up so I turned my head to the side and wiped off the tears. I didn't want them to see me crying. Mrs. Smith walked over to me then set next to me and hugged me. 

'You will be okay Erin. I know it seems as if the world has ended, but it hasn't.' she said

I had been by myself from last night and being alone didn't seem to bring me comfort.  I needed someone to comfort me and Mrs. Smith knew how to do it. I looked at Miss Michaels and she held pity in her eyes and that made me feel so pathetic and weak. I heard the kettle steaming and I excused myself. I came back with tea and biscuits. 

'Erin, you have no hard decisions to make. Your parents had everything planned out. I am here to fulfill their wishes.' 

I looked at her and nodded.  

'So I will just read you the will. 

We as Melinda and Elliot Charles have decided that when we die we do not want a funeral. We want to be cremated and only our beloved daughter Erin will be there to take our ashes and bury them with a few of our family friends, if she wants to. 

We are giving her all our property except the house we lived in with her. That one will be auctioned and the money will be invested into our charity. She gets all the other houses, cars and businesses. Our trusted friend Charlie will oversee how everything goes until she decides to join the business world but she will make 80% profit while dormant.

That's all there is.' the attorney said.

I could literally careless about property right now. Their money wasn't what I wanted, I wanted them. All this money and I still can't buy them back. They were successful, worth over 25 billion together. They kept me out of the business world and said if I wanted to join, it would be by my own choice not because they shaved it into my face. They were busy but always had time for me. 

They never missed a performance or play even a talent show. They never missed anything they supported me when I became a cheerleader. My parents were the best. I grew up normal not spoiled, only got a car when I had good grades and only went shopping when I did the chores...see normal.  

At this point I hadn't realized that I was crying. I felt so numb as all these memories were flooding in. Memories are all I have now. Mrs. Smith still by my side, comforted me. 

'Now Erin, since you don't have family to take care of you and you are only 16 we don't have an option but to put you in foster care.' Mrs. Smith. My face immediately lost color. Blood stopped circulating. Foster care? NO! 

'I know that sounds scary but I will not let anything bad happen to you...'

'No. I can't be in foster care. Its only two years Mrs. Smith...'

'Exactly' she cut me off 'Its only two years then you are back to your life' 

I couldn't believe my ears. Was this really up for discussion. As if on cue to stop me from crying the door bell rang. I walked up to the door and opened it. 

'Hey Charlie' I said gloomily 

'Hey Erin, can I come in?' He asked

'Sure' I let him in. He noticed the people in the living room.

'What's going on here?' he asked

'She works for CPS and she is...'

'The lawyer' he cuts me off. 

'Mr. Hallow what a surprise.' she said and they shook hands

'I wanted to talk to Erin about something can I steal her' he said and they nodded. 

######################################################

Thank you for reading. 

Vote and comment. 

Also I left a hint in this chapter guess what it is and comment it below.

Love, Olly