FAMILY

I walk to my room, shut the door and slide against it. I can here people screaming at each other from afar. The tears start flowing involuntarily. I had been suppressing the thought of my parents for a while, I guess I didn't know I was hurting.

I hug my knees, lower my head and cry harder.

*knock knock*

"Erin are you in there?" I hear Olivier's voice at the other side of the door.

"Go...away" I say in between sobs.

"Ery, I brought your lunch up." She says.

"I figured you weren't coming back down" she said trying to lighten up the mood.

"What gave it away? Was it the door slam?" I say...damn you funny Erin.

I stand up, wiped my tears and opened the door. I see her standing with a plate full of food in her hands.

"Can I come in?" she asks

I make room for her to enter. She places the food on my desk and walks over to sit on the bed. Olivier pats the spot beside her and I go sit as instructed.

She hugs me and says

"I know James is not the best. He is not so bad, just give him some time to get used to you. He will come around be patient. I know today wasn't the best day for his behavior and I am sorry. Trust me Charlie and I know and we didn't want to show it but we are moaning too...

"Can I come in?"

"Speak of the devil and he'll appear" Olivier says and Charlie walks in

"Hey E" he says.

"Hey C" I answer.

He walks over to the plate of food then says

"I came to make sure you ate, buttt if you are really full I wouldn't mind a sixth serving" 

"Charlie!" Olivier says embarrassed.

"Damn C where do you put all that food?" I say and we all laugh as he pats his flat belly.

"Come on now, eat." He says and hands me the plate.

Olivier moves and I start eating.

"Like I was saying Erin, your parents were our friends and we considered them to be family. I know you only met us a couple of times but we traveled together a lot. We were with them when they went to Las Vegas for her 30th birthday and Charlie was with your dead in Bora Bora. Your mom and I were close. She even helped me open my first business in highschool." Olivier said.

"Really? You knew each other for that long?" I questioned.

"Yeah. She was my best friend." She added.

"How come I never saw much of you then?" I question.

"Life happened. I moved away for a bit and the bond we had suffered. We did try to reconnect and I think to some extent we did but it was never the same. She got busy with her life and I got busy with mine." She concluded.

I continued eating. Charlie feeling the need to chip in said

"Because of your mom and dad I met Olivier."

"Really?" I asked more interested.

"Well your mom and dad set us up. Your dad invited me to dinner and your mom invited Olivier to dinner, but they both didn't show up." He explained.

"That sounds just like them." I smiled.

"Yeah. Olivier and I had met a couple of times during balls but we had never talked. Thanks to your mom and dad that happened." He concluded.

"Regardless of what happens we will always be here for you." Charlie says.

"If you want to talk about them it's alright, we don't mind. We can tell you so much about them and you can tell us about them too." He adds.

"Thank you" I say.

Charlie and Olivier hug me and I can't help but feel loved and comforted.

"You're are part of our family. We love you" Olivier says.

"I'm part of your family." I repeat slowly.

This makes me tear up again because it reminds of my parents.

"Now eat up." Olivier says

"I will come back to get your plate" Charlie says.

They walk out and close the door behind them, so that I finish eating.

I remember what Charlie said "Regardless of what happens we will always be here for you."

I'm their daughter now. I let that sink in.

*****************************
Hey guys tell me what you think.
Comment
Vote
Enjoy
Love, Olly.