19. {he likes it cold}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 1st
byers' residence

as joyce and will conversed about the seizure he and tilly previously shared, tilly laid on the couch 'sleeping' but she was travelling through the tunnels via the shadow.

"hey majo?" daniel shook her.

her eyes shot open, and daniel immediately noticed they were darker than they usually are.

"are you okay?" daniel asked, "joyce told me what happened."

"i'm okay." tilly spoke nonchalantly.

"she also said you could stay the night if that's you want." daniel explained.

"okay." she stated.

"i just came to check up on you." daniel admitted.

"thank you."

he kissed her forehead, "i'll see you later?"

"goodbye." tilly told him.

daniel got up from the couch and leisurely strolled to the front door. on his face a frown, trying to mentally justify tilly's monotone behaviour.

"i'll keep an eye on her." joyce whispered to him.

"thanks, i'll swing by tomorrow." daniel offered.

"goodnight danny." joyce sighed.

"night joy." daniel nodded at his best friend since high school as he walked out.

"hey sweetie." joyce gave the girl a sad smile, "are you hungry?"

"no."

joyce looked confused, the tilly everyone knew would never pass down the opportunity to eat - she loved food.

"well will is asleep and i was about to join him." joyce said to the girl, "i know you just woke up, but do you want to join us?"

tilly stood up, her eyes wide, "okay."

she began walking to joyce's room and when she reached there, she took a spot on the bed next to the boy and laid down.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

november 2nd
byers' residence

"can i have some cereal?" tilly asked the woman as she shuffled into the room, "oh, hi dad."

joyce smiled at her sudden change of mood, "of course!"

tilly grinned and made her way to the kitchen.

"i see you're feeling better than last night." daniel pointed out.

"you were here last night?"

daniel nodded, "you were asleep on the couch and we talked."