Ch 23: Ah, Siblings (Peter)

I let out a sigh, rolling over and pulling the blankets tighter around me, trying to get my mind to stop racing. "Mm hey babe what's bugging you?" Ace mumbled, slipping an arm around my shoulders. "I dunno. I just can't sleep. Too busy thinking and stuff." He sighed, slipping both of his arms around my waist and pulling me against him, burying his face in my back. "Thinking about what?" he yawned.

I smiled, rolling over to face him. "Everything. The band, mainly. And adopting. I'm just stressed about that." Ace finally opened his eyes, raising an eyebrow before giving me a kiss. "You wanna know a trick I learned to help people go to sleep when I was babysitting my brothers?" "Sure," I said, already skeptical. He gave me a soft smile, tucking my hair behind my ears. "Okay close your eyes."

"What? Why?" "Because you're trying to fall asleep, dumbass! Now just shut your damn eyes and relax!" Rolling my eyes first, I did as I was told, closing my eyes and waiting. His soft hands moved up my face, and his fingers started to massage my temples. "Ace this isn't gonna work," I mumbled. "Shut up and relax!"

I heaved a sigh, trying to relax as he kept gently massaging my forehead. And of course, before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I woke up the next morning after like one of the best sleeps I had ever had and let out a yawn, stretching, before snuggling up next to Ace, who smiled. "Told you it would work. You're welcome," he teased. I grinned back, giving him a quick kiss. "You really are the best husband in the world. And thank you," I said, reluctantly sliding out of bed. "No Peter don't get up yettttt," he groaned, trying to pull me back to the mattress. "No babe I have things to do! And so do you!" I protested, squirming free. "Yeah, like staying in bed with the love of my life!" he cried, grabbing my waist and successfully yanking me back to bed.

I wasn't about to protest so I laid down next to him again, snuggling up against his chest. He played with my hair absentmindedly, kissing me on the forehead before letting out a yawn. We would've just happily stayed in bed together had his phone not started ringing. "Hold on babe let me get that," he mumbled. "Hey Mom! I've been good, how about you? That's good! Oh, nice! Oh. Ohhh. Okay this weekend? For two days? Hold on let me talk to Peter real quick!" he said, before turning to me.

"Hey babe can Frankie and JoJo stay with us this weekend? Just for two days. My parents are going out and they don't want to leave them home alone." I grinned, keeping my eyes closed. "Tell your mom I say hi and we'll be fine with watching them and then once you hang up tell me why they can't stay home alone."

Ace kissed me on the forehead. "Love you endlessly, doll!" he said, before going back to his conversation. "Yeah, we can take them! Just drop them off when you guys head out of town. Enjoy your getaway! Oh, and Peter says hi! Alright bye Mom, love you!" He hung up, rolling back over and wrapping his arms around me. "Mm okay so I was just such a nightmare as a teenager and a highschooler and did so many things they just don't trust the two of them. They're way better kids than I was though. They're so responsible."

"You were pretty responsible too," I teased. Ace giggled, kissing me. "Only responsible enough not to get caught all the time. Trust me, my parents are much prouder of them then they ever were with me in high school, as they should be! Anyway, let's get out of bed and get going. We have to tidy up and set up the guest room for them." Heaving a sigh, I rolled out of bed, pulling him to his feet. "Then let's get going!"

That evening, the doorbell rang and Ace pulled it open with a grin. "Well, well, well, look who it is!" he said gleefully. "Franklin and Joseph!" "Hi Ace!" JoJo said, giving his brother a hug while Frankie just smiled sheepishly, shifting his backpack to his other shoulder. "Hey Ace, it's been awhile," he said softly. "Here, I can show you guys to the guest room if you want to drop your stuff off!" I said cheerfully.

The two of them said their goodbyes to their parents, leaving Ace to talk to them as I set up his brothers in the guest room. Frankie set his backpack on the bed, giving me a crooked grin. "What's it like being married to my older brother?" he asked. I shrugged, running a hand through my hair. "It's nice, I love him. He's still as much a dumbass now as he was in high school though. Don't tell him I said that."

They both burst into laughter as I led them to the dining room, setting a pizza on the table. "Okay so this was kinda last-minute so all we've got tonight is pizza. Tomorrow night though we'll have a better meal," I said as Ace grabbed some plates. "Aw these two don't even need a nicer meal, pizza's good enough for them," Ace teased, taking a seat next to me. "Drinks are in the fridge. Not that I have to say it but none of the alcohol is for you!"

"Damn, you got anything in here besides alcohol?" Frankie said with a grin. "I mean shit Danny, there's like...only beer! You're gonna give yourself liver failure or something." "Hey! When I want to be lectured I'll just talk to Gene! Sodas are in the back, stop harassing me in my own home!"

I raised an eyebrow, looking at Ace. "Danny?" I murmured. He grinned, shaking his head. "They like to call me by my middle name to annoy me. Don't you dare start doing that."

Frankie and JoJo each grabbed a soda and some pizza and we all started to eat. Ace leaned back in his chair, giving them a grin. "So how's Casablanca been? What teachers are still there?" "Yeah, Aucoin still teaching calc?" I asked. They both laughed. "Yep! Somehow he's still there," JoJo said. "Thankfully I've still got a few more years before I hit calculus." "Yeah it still sucks ass," Frankie said with a sigh. "Can't say I'm surprised. I bet he's only gotten worse. Who else is still there?"

"Uh, I think some of your old teachers are there but since we're in honors we don't have any of the ones you did. Your old basketball coach is still there though!" JoJo said. Ace burst into laughter. "Hah! Damn, I bet he is. Good old Coach Wilson. He remember me?" "Does he! Tell you what, I'm so glad we went to school after you. You were such a disaster that there's such a low bar set for the Frehleys we automatically impress all the teachers."

Ace flipped them off. "Keep up the attitude and you'll be sleeping in the garage," he grumbled.

It was nice to have his brothers over, especially since they were older now, but hearing how good of students, of kids really, they were sent a wave of guilt washing over me. Much later that night, when they were asleep, I rolled over in bed, nudging Ace in the ribs. "Damn, your brothers are good kids," I murmured. "Straight-A students and teachers' pets the both of them, and from what I've heard, great boyfriends to their girlfriends. I swear, they're more like Gene than me," he said with a laugh.

I winched, sinking deeper into the pillows. "Yeah. Sorry," I murmured. He sat up, giving me a confused look. "Sorry? For what?" "For dragging you down with me. You could've been like them. You're smart and stuff. But I got you into the party scene and into drugs and alcohol and even petty crime and--"

"Peter. No," he said gently, cutting me off. "I was never like my brothers. Even as kids, they were way more responsible than I was. Like comparing them in fourth grade to me in fourth grade, before I met you? They weren't like me at all. I take after my dad, they take after my mom. They were raised stricter. I was the first kid, the trial run! Don't worry about it. You didn't drag me down anywhere! If anything, you pulled me up to your level."

I smiled faintly, giving him a kiss. "Whatever level you're on, I love you to bits." "Bullshit I love you more," he murmured, kissing me back, a little bit longer. "But really, Peter, don't feel guilty about how I was as a kid! I was a mess because that's just who I was, I mean I still am a mess! I'm the black sheep of the Frehley family, trust me. The underage drinker, the rock star, the drug user, the low-key alcoholic, the gay one...it's just who I am! And I love that you love who I am."

"And I love you, every single part of you, every inch of your gorgeous body," I purred. I moved to take his shirt off but he just laughed, shaking his head. "Babe, no! Not with my kid brothers in the next room! I don't want to traumatize them," he said with a grin.

Heaving an overdramatic sigh, I just burrowed against his side and closed my eyes. "Good point, good point."