Ch 34: S'cuse Me, What? (Tommy)

The doorbell rang and I heaved a sigh, twisting around to look at Shandi. "Hey cutie you're gonna have to let me go get the door," I said with a smile. She grinned, giving me a kiss before rolling off my back. "Mmkay go get the door! Make it quick though, I want you to hurry your ass up and get back here. I only came to New York for Carrie's wedding, and I'm only staying for a few more weeks, so you better treasure every second you have with me!"

With another sigh, I pulled open the door, giving Carrie a smile. "Oh hey Carrie! What's up?" I asked. She gave me a really excited smile in return, bouncing up and down on her heels a bit. "Hey Tommy! Is Shandi here? I need her help with something."

"Oh yeah she's in my room! Let me go grab her for you, hold on! And don' worry, you weren't interrupting anything inappropriate," I teased. She rolled her eyes, punching me in the arm. "Thomas, shut up and go get your girlfriend for me." Laughing, I walked into my room, jumping onto the bed next to Shandi and giving her a quick kiss. "Hey babe your best friend is here!"

Her face lit up and she shoved me away. "Carrie!" she shrieked, running to the living room. I grinned, shaking my head, and picked up the scattered pieces of the board game we had been playing. Frowning, I tried to remember where they had been on the board before just giving up and putting myself a few spaces ahead of her. "Sorry Shandi my dear, but I'm not gonna lose this one," I murmured with a grin before walking to the living room.

"So Carrie can I get you something to drink?" I asked, leaning on the door frame. "Sure, but nothing alcoholic!" "Hah, then I guess you'll just be drinking water! My dear Cunningham doesn't believe in non-alcoholic drinks, does he?" "Hey now babe, don't come for me like that. I have other things! Like uh...okay I have water. Maybe milk?" I said, running a hand through my hair.

The two of them burst into laughter. "Oh Tommy don't worry about it! I'll just have water, it's fine! I'm really here to talk to Shandi anyway." With a sheepish grin, I walked to the kitchen, getting a glass of water for both of them before Shandi let out a shriek. "Oh my gosh no fucking way!"

Baffled, I walked back to the living room, handing them their glasses. "So do I get to know what's going on or no?" I asked. Carrie looked at me, beaming. "You have to promise you won't tell Eric." "Yeah, yeah, of course! I'm always happy to keep secrets from the little runt." She took a deep breath, eyes shining. "I'm pregnant!" she said gleefully.

I sat down abruptly, staring at her in shock. "W-what?" I stammered after a pause. "I'm pregnant! Eric and I are going to be parents!" "Oh Carrie I'm so happy for you!" Shandi gushed, giving her a huge hug as I just grinned. "That's amazing, congrats! I'm so happy for you two!" I said.

Carrie nodded, giving Shandi an equally huge hug back. "Thank you! I'm so excited but I haven't told Eric yet, which is what I need Shandi's help with! I really want to surprise him by giving him a gift with like something baby-related in it. I'm just trying to figure out how to do that without him knowing, obviously. So that's why I wanted to ask if Shandi would be a doll and buy one for me?"

I nodded, grinning like an idiot. "Yeah, of course! Well I mean, I'm assuming, right?" Shandi nodded, happy tears in her eyes. "Of course we'll help! Oh honey I'm so excited for you!" she said excitedly, hugging Carrie again.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?" I asked. Shandi rolled her eyes. "Gosh Tommy you're embarrassing me! She's barely a month pregnant, you can't figure that out until three months!" "Well how the hell am I supposed to know that?" I grumbled defensively. Carrie just laughed, giving me a smile. "Aw Tommy don't worry about it! But anyway, if you could get a pacifier or something like that I would love that so much!"

"Carrie of course we can! And anything you need help with at any time don't you dare hesitate to ask!" Shandi cried.

Later, after Carrie had left, Shandi grabbed my hand and dragged me back to my room. "Alright don't you dare think you're going to get away with not finishing the game!" she giggled. Rolling my eyes with a grin, I laid on my stomach, letting her lie on my back like always. She looked at the board before giving me a kiss. "Bullshit, you were not ahead of me. But I love you so much I'm not gonna make you change it back."

I laughed, twisting around just enough to kiss her back before rolling the dice. "Shh you know I was winning. I always win!" "Hah! You wish!" she said, before letting out a happy sigh and snuggling closer against me. "I love our little date nights. Sorry Carrie interrupted!" "Aw, don't worry about it. She's your best friend and she had really exciting news! But yeah, I also love our date nights," I said with a grin, rolling all the way over and pulling her into a kiss.

She smiled, resting her head on my chest and closing her eyes. "Bet I love them more. Ooh, bet I love you more!" "Not even possible," I said with a smile, running a hand through her hair and wondering if we'd settle down and start a family one day. As if she was reading my mind, she opened her eyes and gave me a soft smile. "So tell me Mr. Thayer. What's your opinion on a family?"

I smiled, kissing her on the nose. "I think that I would love to have a family with the perfect woman. Just so happens I have the perfect woman in my arms right now."