Epilogue (Eric C)

I ran up behind Bruce, giving him a hug and knowing he couldn't feel me. But he smiled and I knew he knew I was there. "Alright man, get out there and make me proud!" I whispered, pushing him forward. "And don't do anything stupid! I already saved your ass from getting shot that one time, you're running out of favors!"

Obviously that was a lie, I was never going to let anything happen to him if I could help it. And for now, he was safe. "I miss you man," he murmured, fidgeting with his guitar strap, and I grinned as I saw it was the one I had gotten him years ago. "Yeah I know, everyone does. But I miss you too," I teased, giving him one last ghostly hug. I always loved watching him perform, but I had already seen his show last night, and I had other people to check up on. Besides, it's not like he'd know if I didn't watch him.

Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric were in the middle of a show across the city, bringing down the house like always. I stood backstage, watching them with a smile that always got bigger whenever they played any of the songs I helped write.

I walked up to Gene as he flirted with the crowd, getting real close to his ear. "Play God Gave Rock and Roll to You, bitch," I whispered. "Do it in memory of me too. I saved this fucking band and you know damn well I did." I knew he couldn't hear me, but in a few days he'd get an idea to change up the setlist and pay tribute to an old friend.

Finally the curtain dropped and Eric and Paul walked off together, hand in hand, while Tommy caught up with Shandi and Gene lifted Nick and Sophie into his arms, giving Shannon a kiss. I walked up to the drum kit, taking a seat and being transported back to a time before cancer had unfortunately kicked my ass. I ran a hand along the drums, wishing I could actually feel them and play them again, before moving on with a sigh. Two more stops tonight.

Ace and Peter were sitting at the table with their son Jay, singing happy birthday as he blew out the candles on his cake. My heart melted and I wished yet again that I could've known him for longer than about a year. "Happy birthday, little Frehley-Criss!" I cried, moving on again.

Finally, I made it to my last stop of the night, walking into what had been my home. I walked into Charlie's room, giving my son a kiss as he slept. "Look at you, Charlie! Almost five years old! I'm so proud of you," I said, smiling fondly at him. He stirred in his sleep, holding Howie the fox a little closer against his chest. My heart melted and I ruffled his hair before walking into my room. 

 Carrie was asleep in our bed, and with a sad smile I lay next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and giving her a kiss. "I love you, Care Bear," I murmured. She smiled in her sleep, and I knew she had heard me.

~The End~