Ch 28: Backstage Pass (Eric S)

I snuck into the dressing room, walking over to Paul and covering his eyes with my hands. "Hey guess who?" I teased. He smiled, turning around to kiss me on the cheek. "Hopefully my dumb blond boyfriend." I smiled back, leaning on his shoulder and watching as he kept applying his makeup. "Missed you, you dumb jock." "Mm bet I missed you more. But you're not supposed to be back here, you know that!"

Shrugging, I tugged at his choker a bit, running a hand along his shoulder. "And I care why?" I said with a grin. "Because if you get caught we'll both get in trouble! Now seriously, get out of here! I got you a front row seat for a reason!" Laughing, I kissed him one last time, running a hand through his hair. "Alright, alright! Good luck out there! I'll see you after the show," I purred.

He smiled, eyes shining. "Sounds like a plan. No groupies tonight," he teased. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head with a grin. "Yeah, yeah, shut up." "I gotta get going, I'll see you in a few hours!" "Well I'll see you in a few minutes when you start your show! Love you!" I said happily. "Love you too," he said, blowing me a kiss.

I spent the show mainly watching my boyfriend strutting around the stage, playing guitar and shaking his hips in his skin-tight costume. He kept flashing me smiles and tossing me guitar picks and I was loving every single damn second of it. Finally, they took their bows and I snuck my way backstage again, despite him telling me not to. Smiling, I sat at his makeup station and waited.

Gene walked in, giving me a surprised look. "Oh, hey Eric. Paul's gonna be back soon, he's talking with his sound tech," he said, wiping off his makeup and grabbing a shirt off the counter. "Alright thanks. How's Nick? Paul told me he was sick." He sighed, but smiled faintly. "He's home and he'll be fine. Just resting and stuff. Thanks for asking though. Anyway, I need to head home and see my family. Try not to get caught since you're not supposed to be in here," he said with a crooked grin, walking out of the room with a parting wave.

Finally, Paul walked in, giving me a smile. I jumped to my feet, walking over and tugging at his costume. "Mm, let me help you get out of that," I purred. He pulled my hand away, staring at me for a moment before leaning over and kissing me. I slipped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. We would've kept going if the sound of platform heels on the tiles hadn't echoed down the hall. "Oh shit you're not supposed to be in here!" he hissed, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the closet, pulling the door shut behind us despite me trying to tell him it would probably be fine.

I giggled before covering my mouth. "Shit, sorry," I whispered. Paul just grinned, kissing me in the dark. "Shut up until they leave," he murmured. We nestled against each other in the cramped space, waiting for hopefully whichever band member it was to keep walking down the hall. Instead, the door to the dressing room flew open, slamming against the wall.

"I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care what the hell you want to do after the show, so I don't see why the fuck you have to care so much about what I do!" "Because, Peter, we've talked about this! I don't want you falling back into that! Do you not remember how much cocaine has ruined your life the last million times you've gotten addicted?!" Ace roared.

My eyes widened and I stared at Paul in the dark, who stared right back. Oh shit, that's not good.

"Oh my gosh Ace for fuck's sake I'm not addicted! I just do it on the weekends! Maybe we should sit down and have a discussion about your drinking!" Peter shouted back. "Maybe we should sit down and talk about our issues, how about that?! How about we just spend the whole night going over our marital issues?!"

"Oh, don't even get me started on marital issues!"

I turned to look at Paul, starting to get really hot in the closet. "Oh gosh we're going to die in here aren't we?" I whispered. He barely bit back a laugh, nudging me in the ribs. "Shut up before we get discovered. Hopefully they won't talk for that long."

"And why not?! If we're talking about our issues we might as well talk about all of them! So tell me Peter, what else about me do you hate?!"

There was a long silence before there was the sound of someone being pushed up against the counter followed by aggressively passionate kissing and moaning. I slowly pulled my bandanna over my eyes as their kissing started to get more heated, wishing I could block out the sound. "Ohhhh yes Peter," Ace moaned. "Okay now I wish we were gonna die in here," Paul said quietly. I grinned, nodding. "Yeah, you and me both."

"Hey, here's an idea, how about we make out to cover the sound of them making out," I teased, tugging at the edges of his costume again and pulling it off his shoulders. Paul shivered, giving me a smile and kissing me. His hands twisted through my hair as we made out and he pushed me against the wall of the closet.

"Oh fuck Ace why are we still here?" Peter gasped. "Let's go to our room and continue this!"

The door to the dressing room slammed shut behind them and me and Paul tumbled out of the closet. "Oh thank goodness I thought they'd never leave!" I cried. "You and me both. Now hold on, let me get out of this and my makeup and we'll head out to dinner." I smiled, jumping up on the counter and wiping off the makeup that had moved from his face to mine.

Paul quickly stripped off his costume, changing into normal clothes and cleaning off his face. "So we're in agreement to pretend we never heard anything that just went down between the two of them, right?" I asked with a grin. "Oh absolutely," he said, kissing me before grabbing his phone and keys. "Now let's go back to my place."

We practically ran to his room, doing our best to make out as we stumbled up the stairs. He pressed me against the wall, running a hand through my hair. "Fuck I can't believe I was stupid enough to make you leave me," he murmured. Grinning, I kissed him back. "Shh, don't worry about it, as long as you've changed we're chilling! How are things in the band, by the way? Kinda seems like...I mean just based on what we overheard it kinda seems like there's some tension."

Paul rolled his eyes. "Don't even get me started. There's a whole lot of tension between all of us. Me and Gene, Peter and Ace, Gene and Peter, me and Ace, Ace and Gene, me and Peter, yeah. It's just a bit of a mess. But at the same time it's fun and I'm glad we're in a band. But also we need to work things out."

I shrugged, slipping my arms around his shoulders. "You'll figure it out, don't worry! For now, let's just enjoy tonight." He moved his hands to my hips, pulling me against him and putting his mouth next to my ear. "Anyone ever tell you you're gorgeous?" he purred. I practically melted into his arms. "Ohhh Paul don't even get me started on you," I moaned.

He pulled me even closer, pressing up against me and kissing me as we stumbled onto his bed. Heart hammering against my ribs, I climbed on top of him, running a hand through his hair. Chest heaving he gave me a smile, sliding his arms around my shoulders. I fell against him, kissing him as he wrapped his legs around mine.

I woke up later as Paul ran a hand through my hair, brushing it away from his face. I gave him a soft smile, kissing him on the cheek."Good morning you. Anyone ever tell you that you have the prettiest eyes?" I asked. His cheeks turned pink and he shrugged, blushing happily. "Not compared to yours. Nice tattoo, by the way."

I giggled, rolling over and lying next to him, stretching with a yawn. "Thanks! It's Animal from the Muppets. I grew up watching that as a kid and that's one of the things that made me want to get into drumming. I like yours too," I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

He slipped an arm around me, holding me against his side, and gave me a gentle kiss. "Damn man I missed you." Grinning, I closed my eyes. "Shut up I told you, that was in the past. Let's just focus on what we've got now. And in the future."