Ch 24: Alright Fine (Eric S)

I walked into Tommy's house uninvited like always, sitting on the couch and waiting for him to come home. I was really lonely and really bored and really wishing I was dating Paul still. But I didn't know what to do and I needed advice. 

I probably sat on his couch for an hour before there was the sound of keys in the lock and he and Shandi walked in. "Fuck! Damn, Eric, you scared me! What did I say about showing up here unannounced?" he cried with a grin. I shrugged, trying to force a smile. "Hey, you gave me a key! I'm gonna take advantage of it." "Mm good point I did kind of screw myself over by doing that. So what's up?" 

Shrugging again, I ran a hand through my hair. "I need some advice and you're always good for it." He grinned, turning to Shandi to whisper something in her ear before giving her a kiss. She headed into the bedroom and Tommy sat next to me. "So what's up?" 

"I miss dating Paul," I mumbled. 

He heaved a sigh, shaking his head. "Alright, and? Just get back together with him! He still loves you man, he's not going to not date you if you want to date him again!" I winced, tugging at my hair. "I mean...I know! I know he will, and I don't know why I'm so nervous, I guess. I'm just scared that he'll still be a bitch." 

Tommy sighed again, slipping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me against his side. "Alright my dirty blond best friend, here's the plan. You want to date Paul, so date Paul! He really seems like he wants to change and be a better boyfriend, so give him a chance! But if he hasn't changed, dump his ass. If he hurts you again the way he did before, then call it off and keep it off. Okay that didn't really make sense but you get what I'm saying."

I grinned, punching him in the arm affectionately. "Thanks Tommy. I'm glad I can always rely on you for help." "Well yeah, you're such a dumb blond you can never figure things out for yourself," he teased, before giving me a hug. "Now get out of here and go talk to Paul! And let me go and see my girlfriend." 

"Right, sorry! Thanks again Tommy, I'll catch you later!" I said, jumping to my feet and heading out the door. My hands were shaking as I pulled out my phone, taking a deep breath before dialing his number. Of course he picked up almost right away. "Hey so Paul look...can we meet up and talk? Like if you're free right now, could you stop by my place?" I asked before he had a chance to say anything. 

"Y-yeah! Yeah of course! What time do you...like do you want me to head over now?" he asked hesitantly. "Uh...if you're free! If you're free to meet up that would be perfect," I mumbled, feeling my face flush. "Alright, I'll head over! Bye Eric!" "Bye Paul!" I said, hanging up and taking a deep breath. "Okay. Okay, fine! Yeah, it's fine. Just get home before he gets home!" I said to myself, getting in my car and driving off. 

Thankfully, I made it back before he did, and quickly ran up to my apartment, unlocking the door and pacing around inside, waiting for the knock on my door anxiously. "Ahh, okay, okay. It'll be fine, it'll be fine. If he's changed, you're chill, if not, you're done." 

A sudden knock made me nearly jump out of my skin and I took a deep breath, running a hand through my hair before opening the door and giving Paul a smile. "Hey," I said after a pause. He smiled back, beautiful eyes shining. "Hey." "Uhh...how about you come in?" I said, opening the door wider. He nodded, walking past me and awkwardly sitting on the couch. "So...what did you want to talk about?" 

"Um...okay so...so look. Um, actually how about we go somewhere else to talk? Like uh...do you want to go to the hot tub in the courtyard? I have a swimsuit you could borrow," I said, feeling my face turning red. He gave me a smile, cheeks flushing. "I'd like that," he said quietly. Grinning, I ran off to my room, fumbling about for an extra set of swim trunks and tossing it at him. "You can get changed wherever," I said, ducking into the bathroom and quickly stripping to nothing but the swimsuit. 

Paul and I walked down to the hot tub and I unlocked it with my key, slipping into the water with a smile. It was really nice, the water was just hot enough but not too hot, and the bubbles from the jets felt fantastic. Paul sat next to me, letting out a content sigh before giving me a smile. "So what did you need to talk to me about?" he asked. 

I took a deep breath, running a hand through my hair and feeling water dripping into my eyes. "Look, Paul...I love you. And I've missed you. And I want to give you another chance." His eyes widened and he stared at me in shock. "But! But before we...agree to get back together again, I want to make one thing clear. I really do want you to try to consider my feelings too, and not be selfish like you were. Because if you are, that'll be it. And I don't know if you'd get a third chance." 

He nodded, grabbing my hand under the water and giving it a squeeze. "Eric, I swear that I'm not going to do that again. I'm going to change for the better, I promise. I love you, I really do, and I just want you to be happy! And...I want to be happy with you." Grinning, I leaned over and kissed him, letting go of his hand in favor of grabbing his waist, basically pulling myself on top of his lap.

We made out in the hot tub for a long time before I pulled away, giving him a smile. "Hey so it's kind of late, you want to just uh...spend the night at my place?" I said cheekily. His face lit up and he gave me another kiss. "Mm, good point, I'd hate to drive home so late." Heart starting to pound, I jumped to my feet, stepping out of the hot tub. "Well then how about we head back to my place right now?" I said, trying to hide just how excited I was to be back with him. 

"Now there's an idea I can get behind," he said with a huge smile, grabbing my hand and heading for the stairs with me close behind.