Chapter 3: Divorce Agreement

Vanessa went home two days later.

She had been calling Oswald for the past two days, but the phone had been blocked and he did not reply to her text messages.It must be that she didn't celebrate his birthday for him like before, which made Oswald angry.

Vanessa pushed open the door and saw the crumpled wedding photo that had been thrown on the ground.

She paused for a moment and slowly walked over. She picked up the wedding photos with footprints and cleaned up the dust and glass fragments. Then she saw the coffee table and the withered flowers.

Vanessa crouched down to pick up the withered flowers. As soon as she touched it, the petals on the flower fell to the ground miserably.

Vanessa looked at the scattered petals and suddenly had a strong premonition.

Her marriage to Oswald would soon be completely over.Vanessa held the flowers and sat on the sofa for a long time.

Then, she went upstairs and quickly printed out a divorce agreement.

She signed it, took a picture, and sent it to Oswald.

"I've already prepared the divorce papers. When are you free? Come here and we'll see each other one last time."

She sent the message to Oswald, but he still did not reply.

Vanessa waited until the next day.

She had no choice but to contact the secretary in charge of Oswald's scheduling to find out when Oswald was free.

This secretary's name was Morgan Turner, and he had a good relationship with Vanessa.

He replied, "Mr. Simon brings someone to travel abroad. He will come back the day after tomorrow.""Who?"After a while, Morgan replied, "It's Miss Martha."

Elena, Vanessa felt a little sad. Her phone shook again. Morgan sent a message, "Oh right, Manager Toland, I heard that you resigned. Is that true?"

"It's true," said Vanessa. "The handover has been completed. I'll come to the company to get my personal belongings tomorrow."

Morgan sighed, thought it was a pity.

Vanessa was capable, kind and generous, often treated colleagues to supper and coffee. People in the company all liked her.

The next day, Vanessa went to the company early in the morning, packed her things, and finally, she took out a brown paper bag from her bag.

After hesitating for a long time, she handed it over to Morgan.

"When Oswald comes back, please pass it to him for me. Tell him that it is very important."

Morgan said, "Since it's important, why didn't you personally hand it over to him?"

Vanessa smiled bitterly and shook her head. She thought, after all, she didn't have many days to live.

Before she left, she really wanted to see Oswald again. However, Oswald didn't want to see her.Vanessa left the company home, and began to pack.

She was ready to go abroad to treat her liver cancer.

Saying that it was treatment was actually just a dying struggle.

The doctor said that she was already in the advanced stage, and the chances of being cured were less than five percent.

She booked a flight at noon the next day.

Oswald's flight was also at noon on this day.

Morgan came to pick him up.After the plane landed, Elena said that she was hungry, so Oswald took her to the airport restaurant to eat.

Morgan saw Oswald having time now, so he took out the envelope that Vanessa had given him, "This is a very important document left behind by Manager Toland after she left office," he said.

Oswald suddenly raised his head and stared fiercely at Morgan, "Leave office?"

Morgan said, "Yes, Mr. Simon, don't you know?"Even her job was handed over, indicating that the application for resignation had been handed in at least three weeks ago.

Oswald tightened his lips, and looked angry.

Elena, who was drinking porridge at the side, turned her eyes, raised her pale face, and timidly asked softly, "Why did she resign?"

Morgan shook his head and said he didn't know.

Oswald gritted his teeth, pulled out the file bag, and opened it.

Divorce Agreement-these words instantly jumped into Oswald's eyes, causing him to freeze.

Elena secretly caught a glimpse of the word divorce. Her eyes were filled with joy, and she immediately lowered her head to drink porridge to disguise herself.

The atmosphere at the dining table was so cold that no one dared to make a sound.

Morgan turned his eyes away in boredom. He happened to see Vanessa who was dragging her suitcase. He was surprised, "Mrs. Simon?"

Oswald suddenly raised his head, his gaze firmly grabbing onto Vanessa's slender figure.

Oswald kicked the chair away and rushed out of the restaurant.