Chapter 5: Suicide Again

Pain …

A sharp and intense pain …

Vanessa felt that she was about to die. Every time she fainted from pain, Oswald would open the shower and spray cold water on her face, forcing her to wake up.

It was torture.

Vanessa floated and sank repeatedly in pain and coldness, almost dying.

She endured it over and over again, forcefully holding on.

In the end, she completely fainted from the pain. No matter how much cold water Oswald poured, she did not wake up.

Oswald finally stopped and shook her chin, "Don't pretend to be dead, Vanessa, open your eyes!"Vanessa did not wake up.

On the contrary, her skin was boiling hot.He touched Vanessa's forehead and found she had a fever."Useless woman..." Oswald cursed deeply, wrapped a clean towel around Vanessa's body, carried her out, put on her pajamas, and called his family doctor to ask her to rush over immediately.

On the big bed, the high fever caused Vanessa's originally pale face to turn red.

Oswald stared at her for a while, then stood up and fetched a basin of cold water to cool Vanessa's hands and feet.

In the living room below the apartment building, Oswald's phone suddenly rang wildly.

Oswald originally didn't want to answer, but it rang again and again, ringing like urgency. Oswald was upset and went downstairs to turn off the phone.

He glanced at the screen and saw a text message, "Mr. Simon, Miss Martha committed suicide. She's in the hospital. Come quickly!"

Oswald immediately picked up his coat and rushed to the hospital.

He hurried to the hospital's emergency room.

The babysitter Elvira, who usually took care of Elena, was standing guard at the door. When she saw Oswald, she immediately cried, "Mr. Simon, you're finally here. I just called you many times, but you never answered …"

"What happened to Elena?" Oswald interrupted her and asked directly.

Elvira said hurriedly,"I don't know. Miss Martha's mood is not right when she comes home. She didn't eat much dinner. I was worried that something would happen to her, so I went to see her every half an hour and happened to see her cut her wrist in the bathroom …"

Oswald frowned, "Didn't you put away all the sharp weapons in the house? How could she cut her wrist?"

Elvira's expression was panicked. She rolled her eyes and hurriedly said,"I don't know. It's a dining knife. It might have been brought back and hidden by Miss Martha when she was out eating …"

Oswald didn't say anything else, mistakenly assuming that Elena had secretly hidden the knife after he left with Vanessa.

He stayed outside the emergency room for half an hour.

The door was opened and the doctor came out."She's fine now. Fortunately, she was sent here in time." The doctor said, "But the patient's body is full of wounds. Is she habitually self—mutilating?"

Oswald tightened his lips and didn't say anything.

Elvira glanced at Oswald and answered the doctor, "Yes, something happened two years ago and left a psychological shadow, so she hurt herself when she was stimulated. This is not Miss Martha's first time to commit suicide…"

After the doctor heard this, he gave his own advice, and Elvira echoed. At the same time, she did not forget to carefully observe Oswald's expression.

After sending the doctor away, Elvira said, "What is Mr. Simon busy with today? Why didn't you send Miss Martha home? After Miss Martha returned, she said …"

Elvira deliberately hesitated for a moment before she said, "She said you didn't want her anymore and you disliked her for being dirty. She said that Mrs. Simon was the only one in your heart. Therefore, the moment you heard that she was leaving, you … went crazy."

Oswald's expression suddenly darkened, "Elena said these words?"

"Yes, Miss Martha has been repeating it repeatedly since she came back. I asked her where did she hear them? She said … it was on the phone."Oswald frowned and he looked more angry.

"Mr. Simon, did Mrs. Simon secretly call Miss Martha again? What did she say? Otherwise, why would she commit suicide again for no reason?" Elvira took the opportunity to say the last sentence.